GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

need vagcom in tucson, stuck in limp mode, HELP!

CiDirkona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK3 TT, MK1 Atlas SE
EDIT: I'm OK now -- refer to last posts in this thread for more info.

For more information on how I got here, check out this thread: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20549&referrerid=11265

Basically, I just need vagcom to clear/check my codes after a GIAC flash upgrade... My cable comes Thursday, but I would really not want to limp 45 minutes to and from work everyday until then....

-Colin

Last edited:

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Colin-
Did you get it fixed? I will be out at Sonic tomorrow and can scan it for you. IMHO GIAC software is a bit wonky for the 2.0T. I'd hit Revo or APR first.

-Joel

CiDirkona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK3 TT, MK1 Atlas SE
No, I haven't gotten it fixed yet, and yes, I'll definitely be at Sonic tomorrow -- hopefully I can drag the family with me. I would sincerely appreciate any help as this 0psi thing really drives me nuts...

As I've mentioned in other posts, unless IA Performance can pull out a fix for both stock mode and drivability tomorrow, I'll be heading up to Phoenix to get a Revo Stage 2 from Phil at BSH. I was hoping to save myself a drive to Phoenix, but ended up costing a bit more time and hassle in the process. The idea of Revo's stage 2 not throwing a CEL for my cat-free downpipe also sounds appealing.

-Colin

PS We need a 'frustrated' emoticon...

CiDirkona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK3 TT, MK1 Atlas SE
Sorry I haven't updated this particular thread in a while, I had the "GIAC problem" thread that was somewhat similar.

IA performance reflashed my map and got me out of limp mode.

Last Thursday I got my MicroCan and vagcom'd a bunch of stuff in my car. I keep getting the 'cat ineffeciency' CEL, but I'm not too worried about it. More annoying than deterimental. I'm still waiting on Chapman to get my "C" valve in stock... If it craps out on me, I'll have to see if you guys can get me one of those new fancy Forge DV replacements.

-Colin