GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Next NW Meet - Saturday July 14th?

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
OK everyone, what date and where for our 2nd official meet?

I'm thinking July 14th might work, that's 3 weeks after the Leavenworth cruise.

How about a drive/picnic, possibly Mount Rainier? The roads have reopened and it's the best time to do a meet in the high country:iono:

Whidbey Island /Deception Pass picnic and a ferry back to Seattle??

Who's got a favorite backroad that we HAVE to drive:burnrubber: ??

All ideas welcomed.

Glenn(RR)

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
i have no clue what good roads are around there but i can google earth it when i have time haha. but that date should be ok with me, just gotta request it off asap.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
My cousin in Port Townsand says that there is an awsome loop drive that goes out to Ocean Shores and then back up around the penisula. he says its got a lot of good twisty's.

I think Mt. Rainier is an awsome idea though! You guys are gonna kill me with all your talk of fun stuff you are doing while I am gone.

Keep it up. It will give me more reason to make it back with my clutch foot still intact!

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
My cousin in Port Townsand says that there is an awsome loop drive that goes out to Ocean Shores and then back up around the penisula. he says its got a lot of good twisty's.

I think Mt. Rainier is an awsome idea though! You guys are gonna kill me with all your talk of fun stuff you are doing while I am gone.

Keep it up. It will give me more reason to make it back with my clutch foot still intact!

Time will fly VDV:headbang:

Maybe you'll be back for our first annual Christmas Party????

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
if you're goin widbey first would it be possible to meet you guys at Mukilteo Lighthouse Beach

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
Time will fly VDV:headbang:

Maybe you'll be back for our first annual Christmas Party????

I will be back by Christmas......as long as I don't fall in love with Europe on my way back through.

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
if you're goin widbey first would it be possible to meet you guys at Mukilteo Lighthouse Beach

Make that the meeting point and go from there?

I used to do that drive when I lived in Seattle, but a bunch of us got nailed at the ferry terminal by WSP for aggressive driving, called in by someone on a cell. He couldn't do anything because he didn't witness it, but he did get me for no front plate:thumbdown:

Nonetheless, it's an excellent drive and we could take the ferry back and have dinner together:iono:

crabpot

Awesomesauce
One of the best drives in Washington is the drive on Chuckanut Drive on your way out to Bellingham. You can read a little more about it here.

Half of the drive is through farmland and the other half through cliffs that run along the ocean.

Only problem with this drive is it is a pretty long haul for those coming from Portland, but maybe something to think about for a GTG for Washington people.

Edit - By the way, July 14th works for me.

Last edited:

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
One of the best drives in Washington is the drive on Chuckanut Drive on your way out to Bellingham. You can read a little more about it here.

Half of the drive is through farmland and the other half cliffs that run along the Ocean.

Only problem with this drive is it is a pretty long haul for those coming from Portland, but maybe something to think about for a GTG for Washington people.

Edit - By the way, July 14th works for me.

Well, it would be far for me and the other PDXers, but I'd just come up the night before, and we should be able to get some Canadians to join us?

Good to see you're cool with the 14th.

masencup

Half of the drive is through farmland and the other half through cliffs that run along the ocean.

Ahh, yes Chuckanut Drive up there near the Nooksack River. :eek:

Sorry, had to go there. Unfortunately I will not be able to make this one since the wife and I will be in Germany. :biggrin:

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
Ahh, yes Chuckanut Drive up there near the Nooksack River. :eek:

Sorry, had to go there. Unfortunately I will not be able to make this one since the wife and I will be in Germany. :biggrin:

When will you be back?

We could see if the 21st works better?