GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spoke with Eibach...

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Their customer rep at "main base" said expect the pro and sport kit for MKV to be out at the end of May beginning of June. So I guess I'll wait a little longer to get my Prokit. That's all the lower I need to take it. She's my daily driver in the winter snow as well.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
wtf? i already have the pro-kits on my car, as well as many others... search around they arent very hard to find since the prokits on the GLI work on the GTI MkV.

alf

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I believe some people also have used the kit for the A3 2.0T. They work but aren't designed specifically for the GTI.

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Im confused i thought it was out as well... do they have different specs ? or just different packaging? And are these Eibach progressives?

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
My understanding is that the ones that are out are for the GLI or the Audi or Golf (as all the suspensions are similar). But the one that is specifically made for the GTI is not available for the masses yet.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
hakgwai said:
what is the pro kit?
Pro kit lowers your car approx 1 inch all the way around. It's compatability with the stock suspension is nice. Gives you a little firmer ride with better cornering, yet it still "gives" a little for the rough road areas. I don't want my car completely slammed. This will lower it a little more then the Euro spec car is stock. Check out Eibachs website. They give you picture examples on how much different springs will drop your car.

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
kirk180 said:
Pro kit lowers your car approx 1 inch all the way around. It's compatability with the stock suspension is nice. Gives you a little firmer ride with better cornering, yet it still "gives" a little for the rough road areas. I don't want my car completely slammed. This will lower it a little more then the Euro spec car is stock. Check out Eibachs website. They give you picture examples on how much different springs will drop your car.

ive seen a GTI with a prokit, and i can say it looks great. Not slammed, but much lower than stock.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
VOLKSWAGEN, GTI MkV, 2.0 TURBO - 2006

Product Front Rear Part Number

SPORTLINE KIT 1.8 in 1.6 in 4.10085
PRO-KIT 1.0 in 1.0 in 85100.140
PRO-SYSTEM-PLUS 85100.680*
PRO-SYSTEM 85100.780**
ANTI-ROLL-KIT 26mm sn 23mm sn 8598.320
PRO-DAMPER KIT 8598.840***

*The Pro-System-Plus is a precisely balanced combination of sport springs, bump-stops (secondary springs), dampers and anti-roll bars designed and tuned to operate as a complete performance suspension system.
**The Pro-System is a precisely balanced combination of dampers, sport springs and bump-stops (secondary springs), designed and tuned to operate as an integrated system.
***Shocks only

From Eibach's Website

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
just a quick pic i snapped. my car with the current pro-kits, MUCH better pics coming, stay tuned in the media area.

020. Eibach Pro Kit Springs 2005 - 2006 Set of 4 #8598.140 lowers golf 1.2 inches jetta 1.3 inches fr. and rear

alf

big papa

Oval Newbie
Is the Pro Street-S kit their coilover set-up? Don't guys already have GTI's w/ Eibach coilovers? I don't see an part number for the GTI on their site?

Accel

Rally Car Champion
scuderiavw said:
looks real nice, how is the ride?

Somewhat rough, but nothing near, say, STI territory. Feels tight and responsive compaired to stock, although its been a while since I've driven it stock so I dont know any more, I like it.