GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

B&M Short Shifter, thoughts?

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
friends have B & M on there cars (mustang, camaro etc...) they swear by them, saying it's the funnest mod they've done. I've looked into it, but didn't want to mess with the install until someone else did it and loved it.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
it seems pretty simple to me, so im thinking its worth it from a quality company like B&M

koreaniverson

Autocross Champion
can we still use the oem shift knob on the b&m shifter? i know that it comes with b&m knob but not sure whether we can still put on the original knob... if so im definitely getting it... holla1

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I had a B&M Edgea short throw on my civic and Iloved it. Great feel to the throws and nicely weighted.

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
the b&m is only for the jetta 2.5 mkv

nomad

im pretty sure they have the same tranny o_O

nomad

Dubdr said:
I bought it, but I haven't had a chance to install it yet. It looks quality. Keep you posted.

danke schoen! take many pictures of the install please! :D

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Last car I had, I tried a b&m, I absolutely hated it. I had to cut into the panels to make it fit, and it was in the instructions, it just wasn't a good experience.

And about the same tranny on the 2.5 compared to the 6-speed of the 2.0t, kinda like comparing chocolate to poopies.

alf

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
nomad said:
im pretty sure they have the same tranny o_O

the 2.5 has a 5 speed....

nomad

coolme187 said:
the 2.5 has a 5 speed....

and i stand corrected xD :bow:

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
The directions look VERY easy and are layed out step by step. The kit comes with everything you need, even the grease. I don't know if I can use the stock shift knob yet, it does come with one, but I really want to use the stock; so if anyone know let me know. I will try to take pics, if I install it at school I won't have a camera but if I do it at home i will.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Dubdr said:
The directions look VERY easy and are layed out step by step. The kit comes with everything you need, even the grease. I don't know if I can use the stock shift knob yet, it does come with one, but I really want to use the stock; so if anyone know let me know. I will try to take pics, if I install it at school I won't have a camera but if I do it at home i will.

looking forward to seeing this.