GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cheer Up guys our GTI isn't less than V8 engines

MMD

Oval Champion
hi guys guess what happened yesterday , i was taking a ride at midnight and my Fast was hungry seeking for a victium,suddenly found a big victium i got scared :eyebulge: but my Fast didnt :mad: ,the victium was "Mercedes CL 500" :eek: the specifications
http://www.mideast.mercedes-benz.com/TechnicalData.aspx?m=945 .it started when i shifted in second stick and gave it a throttle push,he did the same , i finished my second, third, forth and fifth stick and he was still behind me :eek: yes guys he couldnt make it, he couldnt smoke me and both me and my Fast did it :headbang: , note i was shifting at 5500 rpm cause my GTI is still new, i swear if i shifted at 6700 rpm i wouldnt see him in the back mirror.
this car is amazing in the fifth gear i thought it would be the end but in the fifth gear was his end.....:clap:

in the same day to be honest i tried with Dodge Charger R/T the specifications
http://mideast.dodge.com/VehicleFeatures.aspx?m=294
i've been smoked fastly approximittly in the second stick this car is just a big raving bull :cry: but dont warry guys it's just a matter of time and his turn is coming :smoking:

Delboy

Oval Newbie
dvsdimsum said:
Kerb/gross vehicle weight rating [kg] 1885/2420

Dude, thats over 5000lbs... of course he can't keep up.

Yes but the 0-60 times 6.5 secs so it should be close with DSG Gti.
Maybe the Berk in the Merc didn't want to play.:burnrubber:

sniperviperman

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
none
I resently killed 2 motorbikes at the redlight, they were NOT able to keep up with me in my GTI :D one was a colleage and experiance motordriver, atmitted my car was really fast.. ow and I'm still stock HP.

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
sniperviperman said:
I resently killed 2 motorbikes at the redlight, they were NOT able to keep up with me in my GTI :D one was a colleage and experiance motordriver, atmitted my car was really fast.. ow and I'm still stock HP.

What kind of bikes were they???

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
sniperviperman said:

crack kills.

MMD

Oval Champion
dvsdimsum said:
Kerb/gross vehicle weight rating [kg] 1885/2420

Dude, thats over 5000lbs... of course he can't keep up.

exactly right dvsdimsum, this is the right point , comparing power to weight ration he cant keep up..... :)

and when compare torque to weight ration in Golf Gti (my car's weight : 1407kg - 3095 lbs) and it's complete torque at low rpm, yes he must be killed... :thumbup:

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
cant see why a 50yr old would want to race. those are the people who drive those cars.

givenuponsociety

Autocross Newbie
sniperviperman said:

nomad said:
crack kills.

Yea.....really, lay off the crack.....

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
newtogolf said:
cant see why a 50yr old would want to race. those are the people who drive those cars.

Yeah, but every 50 year old going through a mid-life crisis is genetically programmed to race a younger driver . . . :laugh:

MMD

Oval Champion
newtogolf said:

hahaha :laugh: no man, 50 yr old dont drive those cars , they may drive porsche cayenne S , RangeRover (not Supercharged) , vw Touareg ,Toyota LandCruiser and rearly Bentley. :wink: