GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Order

av_guy

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

I'm new in here so please be gentle.

Parents have decided to throw in their year 1 year old C Class (C200K Avantgarde SE with Sport pack, Full leather, Bi-Xenon's, HK sound upgrade, Tip-tronic, Park sensors and a few little options).

MB service is not something we had imagined - unsatisfactory for the 2nd time. Without going into detail, we as a family have decided to steer clear of the MB brand, as the product is good but, without the promised service, it feels like buying a car with no brakes

My father being a former VW evangelist (no, you cannot say anything bad about VW in front of him), has just ordered a new MKV Golf GTi 5 Door DSG with:
Steel Grey Paint; Sunroof; 18" wheels/tyres; Bi-Xenon's; Electric Folding Mirrors with Surround Lighting; Front Centre Armrest with Cup Holders and Rear Passenger Vents; Vienna Leather with Electric Seat Lumbar, Adjustment and Heating; HighLine Multi-Fn Steering with Paddles; Cruise Control; Parking Sensors; Smoker Pack so he can charge phone and Portable SatNav; Rubber Mats, Load Liner and a few other bits.

After speaking with the salesperson, who was very knowledgable (I tried to trick him into specifying an option which was already part of another pack), he alerted me that we did not require it, as it was already available - good on him. The dealership was both helpful and one I would recommend.

Drove MKV GTI with DSG and paddles - rapid for a car with no foot clutch. Amazing!

Any suggestions as to other options? What do you experienced peeps think of the spec/colour? Your input is valuable here.

Any idea on delivery after orders have been placed?

Thanks,
av_guy

P.S. You all might kill me for being here and the car I drive :wink:

Last edited:

Delboy

Oval Newbie
Hi AV
I like the sound of that cars spec, Love the colour(well should do I have one in SG)
Centre armrest is a must,and I'd love a sunroof but my car was already speced when I heard of it and I didn't want to wait up to 12 weeks for delivery.
I would have speced Xenon's, but I have to say the standard lights are one of the best I've used,xenon's will give it that modern car look.
I also have leather,which is fantastic in both smell and feel,especialy when heated.
I find the 18" Monzas a little to firm for UK roads,but have to admit I'm getting used to them and they look great.