GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Swirl Marks

Discotheque

Go Kart Champion
I have a lot swirl scratches on my B-Pillar (see image for location) that I have no idea how they got there but since I first noticed them more have appeared.
I have tried removing them with Meguiars Scratch X (which worked well on a mark on the rear of my car) but it didn't seem to impact on them at all.

My question is does this part of the car require any different treatment from the rest of the car as it appears to be different kind of metal (I could be wrong) and I thought maybe it was treated differently.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
If you are attempting do by hand it won't help. Take it to body shop or high line detail shop and they can get it out. 3M makes a great swirl remover, but a high speed buffer with a foam pad does it best IMPO. And that's from and old detailer!

It's a painted pillar and paint is paint, no different treatment is required.

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Wild Hare said:
If you are attempting do by hand it won't help. Take it to body shop or high line detail shop and they can get it out. 3M makes a great swirl remover, but a high speed buffer with a foam pad does it best IMPO. And that's from and old detailer!

It's a painted pillar and paint is paint, no different treatment is required.

Listen to Wild Hare.

[asian accent]
Speaks with great knowledge
[/asian accent]
:thumbsup:

d.C

DJ
Discotheque said:
I have a lot swirl scratches on my B-Pillar (see image for location) that I have no idea how they got there but since I first noticed them more have appeared.
I have tried removing them with Meguiars Scratch X (which worked well on a mark on the rear of my car) but it didn't seem to impact on them at all.

My question is does this part of the car require any different treatment from the rest of the car as it appears to be different kind of metal (I could be wrong) and I thought maybe it was treated differently.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

yes! i notice that too!

Discotheque

Go Kart Champion
Thanks Wild Hare, I thought it would be the same I just wasn't sure.

I guess I'll take it to a car detailer at some stage soon and get them to give it a solid detailing.

I am still puzzled as to how they get there and how come more seem to have appeared since I noticed it the first time.