GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Track Day & Performance Driving School Experiences

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
Thought I'd make a thread in this new sub-forum about what everyone has attended?

I for one have attended one auto-x in my old bimmer, BMW Driver Training (Advanced II and Perfection) and the Bridgestone Racing Academy.

Getting to know the auto-x course during the BMW Driver Training in the Imola Red M3

A little blurry...but that's me on my way to getting the fastest time of the day.

Going around turn 1

Last turn after braking hard from 115mph on the back stretch

Last edited:

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
whoa nice how much did u pay for that?

it's the type of thing I can't do more than once a year:wink:

BMW Driver Training was about $1200 for the 2 days (separate courses, but I needed to do the first in order to do the second with the M3s)

The Racing Academy was $1300

Both in Canadian dollars and both very worth it. I came away with a lot of new knowledge and skills. Both of them made me a safer driver too.:thumbsup:

AJChenMPH

Lt. Commander, USPHS
As soon as I saw Advanced II and Perfection, I knew you were in Canada. :smile: I've also done both (I have family in Toronto), trying to save up the money for the two-day course at Mont Tremblant.

I have a total of about 10 days at four tracks: Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, Pocono and NHIS, all mainly done through www.scda1.com -- Ian Prout runs a great operation. Pics in my profile (link below). Since I've gone on active duty, I don't exactly have all the funds to do that anymore, so the car's back to full-time street duty -- but I'm hoping to get back onto the track in about two years, possibly with the new Subaru WRX. (Sorry, I was planning on getting a MkV GTI, but I'm a pretty die-hard AWD fan.)

muskaroxs

Drag Racing Champion
I've been to about six HPDE's and a couple of events that the St.Louis BMW club and St.Louis prelude club has help at gateway international raceway.
I'm going to rig up some in car video at the next event which is June 3rd.
-chris

StreetSpeed2000

Passed Driver's Ed
yea I really want to do the Tremblant course as well. I'm gonna save up Fascination I and II (3 days), but I won't be able to do it until I'm done university because it's during the start of the school year...

Tremblant is fantastic . Great mix of turns and straights that make the thing very well suited to our cars. I'll be there at the end of September. Check out NEQClub.org is you wanna see about getting up there. Plus it's just a beautiful track. Pic of my dad in his Corvette.

Last edited:

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
California Speeday, road course and interior course
Willow SPrings
Streets of WIllows
Buttonwill, both Directions
Laguna Seca
Sears Point
Las Vegas Speedway outside track
Pheonix Firebird
Pheonix PIR
various autocrosses
BMW ultimate drives
etc.
about 12 to 18 track days a year. :headbang:
for many years :thumbsup:

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
reeling in a BMW in a mere station wagon! :headbang:

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
yes - he is a friend and very good driver. my car was stock except tires. His is stage two with Dinan suspension.

also drag raced him and won easily by about 5-6 car lengths.