GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Event Listings

ssmith

Mk?R
Car(s)
mkV gti
Do we have an event calender? like, one that would announce when and where gatherings are. one with site locations, dates and times? i know of the announcement thread, hell im f'n posting in it.

but an actual calendar, sorted by region, or otherwise, would be pretty sweet. members could post events to gather people together. mods could regulate what gets set in stone or delegate rankings based on response. A real: here's whats goin down on this date kinda thing.

go ahead and tell me to search if there's already a thread on this. ill find that button eventually.

cha' dude.

go ahead and tell me to search if there's already a thread on this. ill find that button eventually.

I don't think there is .... I don't remember reading any thread on this matter. Its actually good idea ssmith :thumbsup: separate it by region, state, city what not and have it link up to the calender maybe?

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
08 Lexus ISF
Do we have an event calender? like, one that would announce when and where gatherings are. one with site locations, dates and times? i know of the announcement thread, hell im f'n posting in it.

but an actual calendar, sorted by region, or otherwise, would be pretty sweet. members could post events to gather people together. mods could regulate what gets set in stone or delegate rankings based on response. A real: here's whats goin down on this date kinda thing.

cha' dude.
To do that would be tricky, if it's set per region, then the administrators would have to create a seperate calendar for each region, then assign a moderator for each individual region. Then, each moderator would have to check to see if the event is Good to go and what not.

The admins could also set the users to be able to add posts, but that too would cause too much havoc and chaos when it comes to moderating.

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
08 Lexus ISF
When I meant mod, it is not a full time mod, this would be a user with "semi mod permissions for the assigned calendar".

This would help maintain and keep track of the event, and see if it was really worth attending. It would be easy for someone to just randomly create their own "GTG/Event" and then at the last minute decide it is too much hassle to pull through, and call it quits. Thus, to save the everyone's time, it would be "handy" to have someone review the events and decide whether they are serious gtg/events.

Hope that clarifies why I suggested "mods"

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
Yea we will add a system like this very soon which will let everyone oraganize and sign up for meets :thumbup:

When I meant mod, it is not a full time mod, this would be a user with "semi mod permissions for the assigned calendar".

This would help maintain and keep track of the event, and see if it was really worth attending. It would be easy for someone to just randomly create their own "GTG/Event" and then at the last minute decide it is too much hassle to pull through, and call it quits. Thus, to save the everyone's time, it would be "handy" to have someone review the events and decide whether they are serious gtg/events.

Hope that clarifies why I suggested "mods"

maintain / keeping track of the event can be done by discussing in the thread like what people do now... same as people deciding "and see if it was really worth attending" as for creating a random thread, people do that all the time and not think about hitting the search. Thread like "witch intake/FMIC is best", or "oMgbqQ guys I can't find any threads on TBE" are daily occurrence. ( yeah I'm guilty too I know lol ) IF you go to GTG you'll know that GTG / poeple come and go all the time.

Thus, to save the everyone's time, it would be "handy" to have someone review the events and decide whether they are serious gtg/events.

I can review on my own, in my book gtg doesn't have to be serious, I'm ok with 3-5 people to 30 people gtg. I can make a decision on my own if I want to go to a gtg or not.

so I completely disagree with we need mod to mod the gtg/event thread and review the thread??? people or mods already do that. What I'm suggesting is not a neurosurgery, its just a simple user friendly interface... couple clicks here and there before you see the thread or calender/date of the gtg/event. I think dpham00 ( Dan the man thatusedhisvag-com@ourGTGandgavemehomecomingthingieandrollingwindowsupanddownthingieandotherstufftooIforgot ) is doing a fine job of moderating :thumbsup: from what I understand he crosses region too like a whore.

Tom

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
08 Lexus ISF
What I'm suggesting is not a neurosurgery, its just a simple user friendly interface...
Fair enough, just speaking since i've had experience with vbulletin, and I know what mods would most likely be required. However, as you seem to know what should be done, I guess you should show us a roadmap then:thumbup: