GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Road Hazard

dc_candy

Drag Race Newbie
My dealer strongly recommended I get the Road Hazard protection plan for the rims and tires. They will repair or fix a damaged tire or rim. I have the stock 17's and drive in the city on fairly rough roads, though few potholes. I'm new to lower profile tires and I don't know how well they handle bad roads. It's about $600 for 4 years, I think. It's good for up to $1200 total. So, did anyone else get this?

Are their any aftermarket plans worthwhile?

btw, I love my GTI!

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
i got the road harzard plan for my 18's...i paid like 325 for the 4yr full service plan

Sinjin

Rally Car Newbie
i think it is too steep. a new set of tires are around that. and even if you had to replace all your tires at once, the new tires should come with a plan that, i feel, would be much cheaper.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
it's probably a good idea...on my old G20 sport, i had 16" wheels with low profile tires, hit a relatively small pothole on the highway, and there went the wheel. infiniti wanted 500 bucks for a new one, but i was lucky to find one at a junkyard for 200

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I didn't find it worth it myself. But that's just me. The worst that will happen (which is very unlikely) is that I will be forced to by nicer looking aftermarket rims sooner. Oh well.:iono: Doubt it will ever happen though.

dc_candy

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for all the replies. I'm more concerned about the rims then the tires. When I get new tires, I usually get the plan for about $15/tire. Replacing the rim is what worries me. I wouldn't mind upgrading my rims, but I don't have the cash now. $325 for 4 years sounds pretty good. Maybe I will contact me dealer about all the options.

I liked the G20; I found it to be very very similar in design and size to my legacy.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
well the good thing about the road hazard...is that it not only covers the stock 17" or 18" rims and tires...it will also cover any aftermarket rims and tires u put on the car...so u go and put 19" bbs' on the car it will cover them also

also i will note that the F&I manager gave me an awesome deal on the road hazard package...so i had to take it....but most dealers wont budge on the price of the package

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
dc_candy said:
Thanks for all the replies. I'm more concerned about the rims then the tires. When I get new tires, I usually get the plan for about $15/tire. Replacing the rim is what worries me. I wouldn't mind upgrading my rims, but I don't have the cash now. $325 for 4 years sounds pretty good. Maybe I will contact me dealer about all the options.

I liked the G20; I found it to be very very similar in design and size to my legacy.

i had a 2002 sport model, white with black leather/grey suede interior...it was a sweet ride, i just couldnt afford the payments anymore, so i went with a cheap ride until after i graduate.

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I got a flat after driving 400 miles.
There were no nails no nothing. I'm not even sure how it got deflated.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
aznkukuboi said:
I got a flat after driving 400 miles.
There were no nails no nothing. I'm not even sure how it got deflated.

make sure no part of the wheel is bent...you may have hit a pot hole :frown: