GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dealer constantly contacting me

monkeyboi

Passed Driver's Ed
i recently requested a quote online thinking i would get a price right away. one of the dealerships have called me around 3-4 times in the last couple days. Just wondeering if this means they are desperate or just trying to give good service.

fyi it was the Pacific Volkswagen dealership

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Harassment!

Black Sheep

Go Kart Newbie
i've experienced those before with other brands...i think that they are in need to make a sale and you are the only one looking at the car...but my guess is that if you go in, they'll say that someone else is interested...it's all a game...but if it get's irritating then just tell them you're flat out not interested...if you string them along then they'll keep calling.

bilbos

On the Kop
If you express an interest in the vehicle then they will keep contacting you until you tell them that you are no longer interested.

It is the end of the month and sales targets need to be met. You may well get a good deal if you go for it.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I learned that lesson once before. Think you are requesting a simple quote and it turns into numerous calla and the they want you to come down to the dealer to talk about a deal. They can't just make a simple offer over the phone.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
yeah, they think you will shop their best price. I simply make an advanced search on the internet and decide, what i want, how much i want to spend and then i start biting them:biggrin:

A41.8QTM said:
I learned that lesson once before. Think you are requesting a simple quote and it turns into numerous calla and the they want you to come down to the dealer to talk about a deal. They can't just make a simple offer over the phone.

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Yea, I've gotten calls a lot, but just tell them you bought the car from another dealer and they won't call back.

onthevirg

Oval Champion
I actually had a completely different experience w/ the dealership I bought from. Did most of the hashing out the price through email and only had to call them when they ran my info for credit app. Drove down there, and was out the door in 45 minutes. Was, by far, the most painless car buying experience I've ever had.

katie

Autocross Champion
I guess I was lucky, I was replied w/ a quote and then the calls started coming after I put a deposit on the car. They didn't have the one I wanted, but she kept calling back to confirm this and that cause I didn't know what color I wanted. It went from CW -> BM -> TR lol