GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a new IMAC

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
So the screen on my Ibook shattered so I had to upgrade.

I chose the 17" IMAC. It is awesome. It has the new INTEL chip in it which allows you to simultaneously run Windows XP and Mac OS X Tiger. For those of you that like to play games, you can still run all your PC games and then also use everything that is better about a mac. (ITUNES, Safari, IMOVIE HD, AppleWorks etc.)

It has the new ATI Radeon 1600x graphics card and a crystal clear digital monitor. Madden 06 looks awesome on it. It also has a built in camera, so you can video chat with people using AIM.

I dunno I'm pretty pumped so I thought I would share. I always hated APPLES's until I learned how to use one. I had my IBOOK for 3 years and it never froze a single time. People use the excuse that you can't run windows programs, or view PC documents on a MAC. Well, this is no longer a valid excuse since you can run WIN XP. People, make the switch. Your life will be better, and your stress level will plummit.

If anyone wants to see pictures or has questions let me know.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Way to go!

Getting new iMac G5's with the 20" screen next week in our home office. Can't wait! My keyboard keys stick or don't take most of the time and my current 15" screen sux for marketing ad and spreadsheets I do.

Congrats! The iMac rocks!

I bought these a month ago at Costco and had my company computer guy upgrade the memory for us.

dennykrane

Autocross Champion
i bought a powerbook 2 years ago, then a powermac a year ago and then i came across a macmini through a swap about 4 months ago. never a problem on any machine. they are soooo sweet. this is coming from a guy who was hardcore windows/linux with amd chips all over the place. :evil:

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Yes!! Finally some non-haters. Hare, that G5 with 20" monitor will be awesome. Thats probably what I would have done if money wasn't an issue.

Its funny with a Mac. Usually if you can't figure something out it's because you're thinking too hard. You no longer have to outsmart Windows.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
MHS216 said:
Yes!! Finally some non-haters. Hare, that G5 with 20" monitor will be awesome. Thats probably what I would have done if money wasn't an issue.

Its funny with a Mac. Usually if you can't figure something out it's because you're thinking too hard. You no longer have to outsmart Windows.
Our company guy said he could get the smaller monitor or the 20" for more $$... and then one day the wife and I were there and we saw a pallet of 22 of these babies. Immediately called the computer dude we have and our bosses and they said buy them and we will upgrade.

The current 15" screen is bad... I got bifocals last year and it's tough. My wife who is my business partner has a 17" and won't let me near it. I have a PC laptop for my Audi VAG-Com. Have used it for other things, but doesn't compare to the simplicity of the MAC's and now with the Intel chip look out!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
Yeah... so I bought a Dell 9300 Inspiron. A matter of months after I got it I was messing around with my ex gf's ibook and cried at how bad I felt haha. And when they announced the intel ibook pro's? Instant depression.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
Not a hater, Have a dell XPS. I love it and have had zero probs in over 9 months since i bought it. Got it for 0% Interest for 18 months too!!! Not a puter geek, but it seems lightning fast and very reliable. I will try the apple befor I buy my next puter thou. After all they actually invented the point and click idea... Long before windows ever exsisted in the real world.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Congrats on the new iMac.

I want to get a 20inch iMac sometime this year... Might have to wait for my tax return...

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
so i am in the market for a computer, and i am not very knowledgable about the imacs, I will do some research and see if it fits my needs. Just a gamer/internet computer, should be easy to use, and be able to support all the games. Oh and should be cool:biggrin: thanks for your advises.

NYDUB

Drag Racing Champion
I've had an 20" iMac G5 now for almost 3 years now. It's been faultless this whole time. The Screen has been perfect and with the 10.4 updates just keeps getting better! I think the Intel Chip ones are a very very good idea and I wish I could get one. Not a thing wrong with this one, so I'll wait. Maybe the new 17 inch Macbook........

CHris