GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A New NW GTI

futant

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

It's official, I have a Reflex Silver 4dr DSG Pkg 1 ready and waiting for me. It's gonna be our "family car" since we have a baby on the way. The boy's gonna be riding in style :biggrin:

I sealed the deal at 24500 with the monster mats thrown in at University VW in Seattle. Karine, the Internet Sales Manager was great to deal with and made this whole thing easy.

Compared to earlier this year when I was looking at the Mazda3, the dealers in my area were horrible to deal with. I can't wait to pick it up, my wife and I are heading out to get it on the 26th (it's a little bit of a trip since we live in North Idaho). Too bad we won't be in time for the spring fling!

Anyway, I'm stoked! :thumbup:

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
Congrats!!

We've got good Idaho representation here, so keep checkin in and we'll see you at the next one, stay tuned.

Glenn(RR)

Oh yeah, you got a great deal:clap:

rickyC

Go Team Venture!
Car(s)
06 GTI Reflex Silver
Yo! Ever get down south to Boise? We'll do the cruise downtown and maybe get you Vag-Commed!

futant

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks guys :D

Haven't actually been to Boise yet, if we go for a trip it's usually out to Seattle or the Gorge for a concert or somethin. It would be cool to get to the next meetup though, my wife owns a Mini Cooper and we've been dying to go to one of their meetups as well.

I can't imagine how cool it would be to see a giant caravan of Minis or GTIs just cruising :D

This 3 week wait is gonna be brutal!

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
I had to wait 2 weeks fir mine....but it was way easier than the 2.5 years it took for them to release the car after I first found out about it...

:thumbsup:

DjShiznit

Congrats man! Living in Spokane, only having Appleway as an option really sucks. I hate dealing with those assholes. I'll probably be purchasing in Seattle later this year :smile: You'll have to post up pics when you take delivery. Hopefully I'll be posting a similar thread in 6 months or so :thumbup:

futant

Passed Driver's Ed
DJ I totally know what you're talking about man. They have had the same 2 cars at appleway for like 3 months now and every time I've tried talking to them they try to push me into an Audi A3 or talk about doing a dealer locate to get the one i want, but I just knew that to get the deal I wanted it would have taken hours sitting there with them.

University was so easy to deal with, it was like 3 emails, got the price i wanted and they FedEx-ed the papers the next day. I am counting down the days until this saturday, and I will definitely have some pics up this weekend.

Good luck in your search :)

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
DJ I totally know what you're talking about man. They have had the same 2 cars at appleway for like 3 months now and every time I've tried talking to them they try to push me into an Audi A3 or talk about doing a dealer locate to get the one i want, but I just knew that to get the deal I wanted it would have taken hours sitting there with them.

University was so easy to deal with, it was like 3 emails, got the price i wanted and they FedEx-ed the papers the next day. I am counting down the days until this saturday, and I will definitely have some pics up this weekend.

Good luck in your search :)

Glad you're finally getting it!!!!

Good luck:thumbup:

futant

Passed Driver's Ed
Edit: Here are some pics. We got back late sunday, and it's raining like crazy right now :( I'm taking it out to show my parents and stuff today so I'll bring the digicam and snap some more :)

By the way... I LOVE this car. The whole ride home I just kept noticing little things that were so cool, and the engine... holy crap. You feel slow if you aren't doing at least 80 :p

Even tested out the launch control after i got home to some side roads. Freakin sweet! :burnrubber:

(You can see my neighbor's Mazdaspeed3 in the background... I think he's jealous :p)

Last one. That's my wife's Mini Cooper in the garage. She's in good company now :)

Last edited:

rickyC

Go Team Venture!
Car(s)
06 GTI Reflex Silver
Awesome! Congrats!