GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question for JJ...

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
We'll be taking on some advertisers to help pay for the site. The site has grown a ton in the past few months and I've had to upgrade from the original server already. Also I'd like to be able to give out golfmkv.com stickers for free soon so this should help with that too.

Rest assured, the site will never be "sold out" and pandered to purely commercial interests. Hopefully we bring on some good vendors who can help members find the parts they need at discount prices.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
i think it's good to have some sort of income for the site, i know how it can be maintaining and such :) that plus JJ and the other's are good admin/mods ;)

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
nomad said:
i think it's good to have some sort of income for the site, i know how it can be maintaining and such :) that plus JJ and the other's are good admin/mods ;)

Thanks for the kind words. This site is doing well because of its great members. :clap:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
JJ-R32 said:
We'll be taking on some advertisers to help pay for the site. The site has grown a ton in the past few months and I've had to upgrade from the original server already. Also I'd like to be able to give out golfmkv.com stickers for free soon so this should help with that too.

Rest assured, the site will never be "sold out" and pandered to purely commercial interests. Hopefully we bring on some good vendors who can help members find the parts they need at discount prices.

i figured it had to be because of the fast growth...no worries on it being sold out, you are doing a great job with this site :thumbsup:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Fine job there JJ!

davesee

FIA GT Champion
indeed, i really appreciate the work done to host this site. its a great place, and im glad its here!

i really dont mind ads relating to our cars, kinda nice to have actually

just my 2 cents :thumbsup:

onthevirg

Oval Champion
Yeah, thanks to you JJ and whoever else might be involved in keeping this place going. It's much appreciated!

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you all. Great friendly community we have around here :drinking:

FYI, most of you know this already, but Gulfer (a personal friend of mine) is the other admin here. He's as crazy about cars as me and we have the same philosophy on running a forum.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Yeah JJ you and Gulfer have been doing an excellent job here. I used used to be a vortex guy, but just couldn't stand how cut throat it is getting. Even if you don't spell a word correctly on that site people call you out.

We have a great, knowledgable, friendly community here with some great moderation and administration. Thanks a lot, and keep it up guys!!

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
MHS216 said:
Yeah JJ you and Gulfer have been doing an excellent job here. I used used to be a vortex guy, but just couldn't stand how cut throat it is getting. Even if you don't spell a word correctly on that site people call you out.

We have a great, knowledgable, friendly community here with some great moderation and administration. Thanks a lot, and keep it up guys!!

i second all of that...i was never a member of the 'tex, but i read up on their forums all the time...man are they cutthroat!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
MHS216 said:

I'm with you. Vortex is a cut throat place. The atmosphere here is very pleasant and we ALL seem to have the same great Passion.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: