GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ford F450

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
Seriously, who needs this thing? 6100 lb payload, towing capacity of 22,000 lbs, dual turbos, 600 ft-lbs... and what, probably 60k? It'll pull half what a semi pulls, why?????

It's like the diesel guys are trying to outdo everyone else, just like the M and AMG guys are.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
how much does a trailer full of bulls/horses weigh??

there are uses for it. maybe a big boat?

dago

..what?..
....personal use....none....(except, cowboy cadillac)

But being in construction....that is a little slice of heaven...
I have a 2001 F-350 and 2005 F-450 they pull and haul just about everything..
but are limited. There is no limitations for my use in that new F-450...
Price is a bit steep though..

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
people in cali to raise and put ridiculous monster fucking truck tires on them. they should make it illegal

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
They have their places, but I have to say there are lots of people that own them that don't need them and just want a huge truck. God I hope I never get hit by one of thoes things!

How about the rediculous F-650? That thing is just beyond any proper use!

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
Ford makes good trucks, but 6k lbs is out of control and unnecessary unless you need to tow your house (trailer, we).

murcielagoGTR

Ready to race!
Car(s)
91 GTI
i seen a black Ford F650 coming home from Wilmington last wk, & i gotta say:w00t: . it had what looked like a semi front and body, w/ a F150 bed, thatwas way too high to be practical. but at like 100k....fuk that!

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Dude.. 1% or less of the people who even drive an f350 or even an f250 use it for what it can do. Gas just isn't expensive enough I guess!

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
I've got an '02 Silverado (extended cab, long bed, Z71). It has the 5.3L V8 (285hp 325tq) and I use it to pull horses and other farm equipment. I've also used it to haul my Firehawk to and from the track in case the rear-end broke. You can pull a trailor just fine with the gas engine but there isn't a single time I've have to pull something that I didn't wish I'd gone with the diesel.

The gas engine is capable of pulling more than what most people will use it for but if you have to pull anything on a daily basis the gas engine is going to give you a headache. The diesel will drive like there's nothing behind it and you won't take such a hard hit in full economy either. I won't make the mistake of picking the gas engine again and if I wouldn't lose $10,000 I'd trade it in right now on a diesel.

How about the rediculous F-650? That thing is just beyond any proper use!

The F650 is an industrial use vehicle. You can't buy those at a dealership, you have to purchase them through Ford's industrial division.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I've got an '02 Silverado (extended cab, long bed, Z71). It has the 5.3L V8 (285hp 325tq) and I use it to pull horses and other farm equipment. I've also used it to haul my Firehawk to and from the track in case the rear-end broke. You can pull a trailor just fine with the gas engine but there isn't a single time I've have to pull something that I didn't wish I'd gone with the diesel.

The gas engine is capable of pulling more than what most people will use it for but if you have to pull anything on a daily basis the gas engine is going to give you a headache. The diesel will drive like there's nothing behind it and you won't take such a hard hit in full economy either. I won't make the mistake of picking the gas engine again and if I wouldn't lose $10,000 I'd trade it in right now on a diesel.

The F650 is an industrial use vehicle. You can't buy those at a dealership, you have to purchase them through Ford's industrial division.

I agree. My dad's old 2003 Avalanche with the same 5.3L had some difficuly on the hills pulling our 2 snowmobiles and trailer. Well, not really difficulties, but it was "searching" for 2nd gear and stayed in 3rd gear for the entire grade. I can't imagine pulling something in the Rockies. Now we have a 99 Suburban with the 5.7L 350 and I think the 3.23 rear end. We tow our 18.5' Ski and Fish Glastron with it and again, it suffers from the hills. The biggest thing we've probably towed was my dad's '79 TA and a full size car trailer (not enclosed). We had a 96 2 door Tahoe at the time with the 5.7L and 373's. Gas mileage sucks with gas engines. I've never been in a diesel truck while towing, but the torque is nice. That's why semi trucks use diesels.

PhillyB

Faster Than You
Car(s)
97 GTI

Not to be an ass, but thats not true. I work for a Ford dealer (thats where i am right now actually) and we sell F650's. i believe there are 2 on the lot at this very moment. we've sold 2 already that had the pickup beds, but the remaining ones are chassis cabs.

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
I'm not arguing the fact a diesel is better for towing, I'm arguing the fact that an average person really doesn't need a truck that can pull 22,000 pounds, or carry 3 tons in the bed.