GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

how hard have u driven

prince

Uber KoooL
Car(s)
VW GTI
HOw hard have u driven ur fast? tonite I had a run in with a white honda hatch. i had the pedal to the floor in my first time.. my baby hasnt seen rpms past 5500 yet.. kinda felt bad.. :( but pretty impress with the gti had no problems of walking away from the honda.. nice run in with the honda guy :respekt:

jhayregz

Touring Car Champion
been running it hard close to red..
raced my friend in his Type R and another in his Impul Skyline
they both pulled away at rolling starts...as i expected the skyline to pull...type r not really, its just those things are damn light...
both these people are in the same cru as me...and this was on a closed area

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
When I drove Deal's Gap (http://www.dealsgap.com/) I had about 3500kms and drove the crap out of the car. It absolutely impressed me. The Gap is 315 curves in 11 miles and almost no time to rest. It is mostly a motorcycle destination, but it rocked in the GTI. If you ever get a chance, I strongly suggest you drive it.

Other than that, I am planning on a couple of track days this summer and mostly I behave as I can't really afford to get any speeding tickets. But I'll tell you, all the torque certainly comes in handy in traffic as you can just give it some gas and be where you want to be.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
I haven't hit red line yet, i'm at 1200 miles in... I got to about 5700 playing with a gray Mini Cooper and a sharp blue RSX... the 3 of us were the only one's on the road, and I couldn't resist the temptation.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
I haven't hit red line yet, i'm at 1200 miles in... I got to about 5700 playing with a gray Mini Cooper and a sharp blue RSX... the 3 of us were the only one's on the road, and I couldn't resist the temptation.
So who won?

CT-GTI

Drag Racing Champion
I almost daily romp on the pedal just a little to play with others.
On the way home from work tonight, on the highway, there was a Mk 4 that came up behind me because of heavy flow in the "fast" lane. About 10 min. later, I noticed a Mk 3 about 3 cars behind the Mk 4. He kept veering way left so he can see ahead to the 2 of us. Eventually we all grouped together, until the traffic opened up. I was gone. I saw them when traffic crowded again. They just gave me a nod. VW Secret Society stuff. Fun!!

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
I have romped on mine quite a few times. So far a miata tryed to run me on the interstate till i pulled away without downshifting. I caught some yuppy in his Cobra SVT off gaurd at a light and To his surprise i left him in the dust till we hit about 75 mph. He did not expect me to run that hard is the only thing i can guess. There is not a Day that gos by on the way to work where someone dosnt try to take me from a red light when it turns green. So far to date nobody has. Of course there are many cars out there that could, just havent found one at a light yet. Oh yea a hemi dodge ram is not a problem. Ran him about 3 times at different lights on the way to work. He wouldnt let it go after i beat him the first time. I finally let him win so he would quit.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Wild Hare said:
So who won?

it was very friendly, all 3 of us talking at each light...both the other 2 cars were significantly broken in. We were pretty much going light to light in a dead heat, the cooper was a little slower because it wasn't the hopped up model. There was a stretch where the 3 lane road switched to 2 lanes, and the RSX took the initiative and darted out ahead, he got about 5 car lenghts in front of me, before I dropped it into 3rd and shot up behind him, and eventually pulled even. It was a fun situation as all 3 of us were familliar with the way the cars are matched up against each other. I'm by no means great off the line in my skills, especially with the fragile manner in which I use the first 2 gears, but I did catch one great green while in the left lane, and did pull ahead of the RSX enough to switch lanes over to the far right in time to take my turn-off to the house. I slowed down to take the turn and waived my hand out the window while flashing my emergency lights. Both the RSX and COOP flew by very fast honking and blinking... IT was FUN.

:headbang: