GOLFMKV

Show me the sign!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
OK PNW crew, I am tired of getting weird looks from other dubbers when I flip the the infamous "V". Some of you may not know what I am talking about.

I started out driving Airkewled VW's in Highschool, and hung out with a lot of guys/girls that didas well. I ALWAYS got at least a wave, if not a "V" from other old school dubbers as they past. It didn't take more than 1 or 2 times for me to understand what this was all about. It seemed to be some kinda secrete handshake/club kinda thing, or at least a friendly hello from another enthusiest like me.

Two or three years after graduating, while stationed in Virginia, I got my first H20kewled VW and noticed I still occasionally got the "V".

So now, I am back in this beautiful state and have been flippin' the "V" to just about every VW I see. The old schoolers usually return the gesture, but I have recieved a lot of wierd looks from the "tree hugger" crowd, and even a couple of middle fingers.

Whether its just a quick "V" from inside the windshield or a crazy out the window kinda deal....Show me your sign....

We all need to get this thing going again. If you have no clue what I am talking about...pay attention....if you do, help me out here.

:bow: We drive VW Dammit!:headbang:

:thumbsup:

rickyC

Go Team Venture!
Car(s)
06 GTI Reflex Silver
You know the V made with the index finger and middle finger turned out (Peace sign but palm facing you aka the palm back V) in England and some places in Europe is equivalent to the middle finger.

Could be why.

learn more here The Finger

Red Rider

Drivers Wanted
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
I'll go with it.

I don't see why a tree hugger would be upset with a peace sign though:iono:

I get flipped off in traffic a lot, doesn't faze me anymore, it's usually from a moron doing 50 in the left lane:burnrubber:

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
You know the V made with the index finger and middle finger turned out (Peace sign but palm facing you aka the palm back V) in England and some places in Europe is equivalent to the middle finger.

Could be why.

learn more here The Finger

Well, fortunatly I am about as far away from England as one could get. Yes I did know about that interpretation....but hey, this is America not England...

Show a fellow dubber some love.....

:thumbsup:

rickyC

Go Team Venture!
Car(s)
06 GTI Reflex Silver
Is that the sign you are making? the palm back V?

rickyC

Go Team Venture!
Car(s)
06 GTI Reflex Silver
oh my!

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
I usually flip the V so if the car isn't stock

Status
Not open for further replies.