GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

amp/sub install

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
hi im from australia so i assume i ahve the euro spec gti, we dont have sat nav but have the 6 disc in dash cd player not mp2 though.

as far as i can tell there is no sub in the car is that correct?

and also no amp is that corect?

now i would like to put a amp and sub in the car that i have, but was wondering where do i get the inputs for the sub from if there is no sub output on the radio, there is no rear speakers in the back they are in the rear doors.

any help would be great.

thanx

SSS_Hoon

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I would just get them at the deck. Use a line out converter and run the rca cables to the back.

big papa

Oval Newbie
If you just want a amplified sub, do what I did. Go line out from the deck(rear left and right) to amp that takes line out signal, then add sub. I ran power down driver side and signal down pass side. I used the new MTX amp because it didn't need a turn-on wire. I am happy w/ sound.

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
so there is a line out on the factory head unit in the mkv gti is there?

will the rear speakers still work though?

SSS_Hoon

big papa

Oval Newbie
Just wire tap onto the rear speaker wires behind the deck. The radio has a sticker on it telling which wires are which. This will be your line out. There are not factory rca or pre outs. If you have a nice amp that doesn't accept line out, then run a converter in-between radio and amp.

GTI1U0

Go Kart Champion
you will most likely have to run a hi to low off of the rear speaker wires that can plug into the rcas for the amp for your subs.