GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hummer H2 Antenna Install

ünpimptheauto

Touring Car Newbie
After admiring Shifty's new paint job on his MKV, I noticed he also installed a "stubby" antenna. Since I'm not a fan of the superlong OEM antenna, I thought I'd give it a try.

Here's a little step by step with a mod that costs less than $29!

Attachments

• part.jpg
    part.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1,830
  • price.jpg
    price.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,679

ünpimptheauto

Touring Car Newbie
After seeing how much shorter the Hummer H2 antenna is, it does require a little modification...

Attachments

• compare.jpg
    compare.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,858
  • time2mod.jpg
    time2mod.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,801
  • cut.jpg
    cut.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,775
  • aftercut.jpg
    aftercut.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,778

ünpimptheauto

Touring Car Newbie
Radio reception doesn't really seem to be affected that much. Then again, most probably listen to CDs or MP3s.

Also, this antenna is from a 2003 H2 (roof mounted, passenger side of car). After 2003, they went to a fender mounted antenna (about 4 feet long).

Thats looks nice. I've seen a shortened antenna on my friends Mk4 and it got me thinking how i could go abouts doing that. Thanks for this thread.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Most of the short stubby antennas will fit this car. I think the screw size is the same across the board with most manufacturers.

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
Shorty Antenna would be cheaper. I think they are like 20$. A hummer part, man that is some ORIGINAL thinking. should have gotten the CHROME one. LOL.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I was always afraid of someone just taking the one I used to have on my wifes Protege5.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I think the fin looks nicer and plan on keeping it. Nice way to get rid of that whip though:thumbsup: