GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Touring Cup Kit installed

revaudi

Oval Newbie
Had the H&R Touring Cup Kit installed on Friday. Specs are listed as 1.3" f/r drop. Front looks as though it dropped a little more than that. Front is about a 2 finger gap and rear is about a 2.5 finger gap. Ride is much better but not overly stiff; a lot less body movement. Really handles well in the corners, now I need to get rid of the AS tires as they are the week point. Install ran $240. I highly recommend this setup and is a good alternative to Koni/Bilstein with springs setups.

Before

After

Gap Front

Gap Rear

revaudi

Oval Newbie
scuderiavw said:
looks real nice, so if i am not mistaking the Cup kit will lower it a tad more right? what made you get the touring kit? thanx for sharing the information with us
The regular Cup Kit lowers 2.2"f/1.6"r; pictures I had seen show virtually no gap. That is too much of a drop for me to use during the winter. It is pretty much like comparing the racing to sport springs. Also, the Touring kit is a little more ride compliant. I don't need a track car as a daily driver; that will get old driving 40k miles annually.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
very nice drop! look's exactly propa ;)

revaudi

Oval Newbie
Hokietuner said:
Thats crazy, how long is the daily commute?
75 minutes each way. Put on 140 miles per day commuting.
The GTI is 8 weeks old with 6500 miles. At least I am averaging 29.5mpg. Reason I got rid of my FX35 that got 18mpg.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
What shop did it for you? I'm looking for a good place near the Cities to have some work done. Looks to be about an ideal drop:thumbsup:

revaudi

Oval Newbie
MHS216 said:
What shop did it for you? I'm looking for a good place near the Cities to have some work done. Looks to be about an ideal drop:thumbsup:
Midwest Motorworks in Hudson; strictly an Audi/VW shop. Bob is the owner and does great work. Mine was the first mkv he had done and did it in 3 hours. He was able to do it without fully removing the axles.

He was going to do the GIAC X chip but found out that GIAC hadn't sent him the new CAN-BUS. I'll be going back this week to get that done.

Another alternative is SCI Performance in Minneapolis. Chad did the suspension on my mk4. They are a Revo dealer too. Went to Midwest as I want GIAC.

revaudi

Oval Newbie
Dwnshift31 said:
Am i wrong that there is a Touring Cup kit and a Cup kit from H&R?
Is this the one that is $645?

Mine is the Touring Cup Kit. Another member (CMCM) has the regular cup kit.
http://www.golfmk5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=846/
Yes both are the same price, almost same part number except for the T (31043T-2).

Vento 3

Oettinger GLi
sorry to dig up an old thread :biggrin:

but can you reload the pics? I want to buy this touring cup kit for my Gli, just want to know how much gap you have after settle.

any rake?

prodigue

Avantgarde
Is the Touring Cup kit considered a coilover?

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coilover"

A coilover is an automobile suspension device, short for "coil (spring) over strut". It consists of a shock absorber (British: damper) with a coil spring (British: helical spring) encircling it. The shock absorber and spring are preassembled as a unit prior to installation, and are replaced as a unit when the shock absorber has leaked. This provides for optimal damping without torsional loads. Some coilovers are adjustable for ride height and hardness as well using a simple threaded spring perch similar to a nut.

The coilover is a basic component of the MacPherson strut suspension system, which is distinguished from other arrangements by employing a particular design of anti-roll bar as a longitudinal constraint. This was the first widespread use of the coilover in automobile suspensions. But there are other designs; the word coilover should not be considered a synonym for the MacPherson strut arrangement.

Coilovers should not be confused with struts or independently mounted shock absorbers.