GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Would you buy an aftermarket exhaust if it moved the tips to the middle?

Would you purchase an aftermarket exhaust that relocated the tips to the middle?

• Total voters

ünpimptheauto

Touring Car Newbie
Just wondering if people would purchase an aftermarket exhaust if the tips were relocated into the middle of the rear valence (ie. MINI Cooper S, Porsche Boxster, Porsche Cayman, etc.)?

Attachments

• rear_center.jpg
    rear_center.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 556

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
That's how the MKV R32 is. I much prefer the dual tips on the previous generation R32 or the Audi A4.

d.C

DJ
hell yes!

that's whats stoppin' me from buying an exhaust right now
i want one in the middle!

but the one in the pic doesn't look that nice ...

GTI2007

d.C said:
hell yes!

that's whats stoppin' me from buying an exhaust right now
i want one in the middle!

but the one in the pic doesn't look that nice ...

That pic is just photoshopped. He just put the pipes, that are normally on the left, in the middle.

The R32 rear bumper and exhaust look so much better then

Attachments

• golfr3206_09.jpg
    golfr3206_09.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 454

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
God I want this mod sooooo bad. Why didn't they just do it to begin with?

ünpimptheauto

Touring Car Newbie
GTI2007 said:
That pic is just photoshopped. He just put the pipes, that are normally on the left, in the middle.

The R32 rear bumper and exhaust look so much better then

GTI2007 is correct...I just P-Shop'd it from the left into the middle. It does look sorta funny (MINI Cooper S-like).

I was thinking that the rear lower section could be replaced with something like this:

Of course, it would be located in the middle.

Maybe if it were spread out more (wider, flatter, tips), it would look better, as pictured on this Hartge Z4 (with 5.0L M5 engine)...

I'm sure the MKV R32 bumper would fit, but after buying it, painting it, there would be no money left for the exhaust! :wink:

I could always design the exhaust to FIT the new R32 rear bumper, but make the lower rear valence as a replacement piece (perhaps in CF). This way, it could be the choice of the person buying it.

Time to get to work on an exhaust.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
im feel'n that r32 exhaust

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
I'd rather have 1 on each side than 2 in the middle. I think it looks more balanced, and makes the car a appear a little wider and the stance stronger having them spread out.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Is the stock lower valence 2 pieces where the middle part could be replaced with something to accomodate new exhaust tip placement without replacing the entire rear bumper? I really like the Caractere and Miltek dual tip systems but I'm perfectly happy with the current rear bumper as is. IU'm trying to keep my budget reasonable here so spending a few grand on body kit parts isn't really in the cards.

I'd want to use single tips on each side with the Milltek like the tips on the Milltek RS4 exhaust.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
You could always just take the pre existing part to a body shop and have them mod it for you to accommodate the tips on each side maybe.