GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

bmw m1 picture

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
just typing stuff in google seems to work. this has got to be the contender with the R32.

also found a picture of a 2 series, which seems to look like the old 3 series compact.

i got no idea if these are photo shops or not. but they dont look too bad i have to say.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
i duno at first i didnt like the m1 but it actually looks ok once you get used to it. like the golf!

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
both are ugly...what's up with these weird bends and odd lines BMW is doing now???

yes...this is atrocious...it is a slap in the face to the REAL M1's that were made between 1978 and 1981.

bmw's designs have been steadily declining for years now...they need to turn back the clocks and go back to their 80's and early 90's designs...that was when they had the best looking cars by far on the road.

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
08 Lexus ISF
GTI2007 said:
Don't think so. Specs for this M1 are a 3.2L V6 of 350 HP which makes it go from 0-62 mph in5.2 seconds.
I doubt that will happen, because it would be more power than the Z4M

GTI2007

Fonderson said:
I doubt that will happen, because it would be more power than the Z4M

I found those figures on a news-site as what those guys suspected that the performance of the M1 would be. Released is scheduled somewhere in 2008 for this M1 according to the same guys from that news-site.

The Z4M makes 343 HP and goes from 0-62 mph in 5.0 seconds

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
1 series is horrible, that the main issue why I did not buy it, I thought many times, but the design is so wrong, It looks like is allready being crash, on the sideways and back.

But maybe with 300 hp I will considere my decition, lets wait and see.....

Cheers

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
the 1 looks chopped. The 220 isn't actually too bad. Not gonna go trade my GTI in or anything, not that we'll get it here anyway, but its not too too bad.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
GTI2007 said:
Don't think so. Specs for this M1 are a 3.2L V6 of 350 HP which makes it go from 0-62 mph in5.2 seconds.

Why would BMW build a V6 from scratch when their straight sixes already fit in the engine bay??? BMW have been building inline 6's since the 1933 1.2L M78. They've never built a V6, and don't need to now, so why would they just for the 1 series after just launching the new R6 line of inline 6 cylinder engines in the new 330i and 130i??

Sounds like :bs: to me... There's more chance of them putting the tried and tested S54 from the E46 M3 into it, perhaps a little detuned so it's not any faster than the new Z4 M.

That first pic is a pshop and a poor one at that... and it's :barf:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
That'd be the S54... :thumbsup:

I don't know if it'd be the full monty 248kW tho... :iono: The R6 generation straight 6 in the 130i makes 195kW (5kW more than in the 330i), so perhaps they might detune the S54 to around 225kW to ensure it doesn't put the more expensive Z4 M in the shade...

Didn't mean to sound like I was having a go at you... You said you got the info from a website.. I'm just saying they've got dud info.. :bs:

I'm a bit of an M fan... :bow: