GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Test drove 07 STI today

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
First of all, props to Mcree Subaru and my salesman Barry Waxman for letting me test drive the STI by myself. That was unbelievable after hearing stories of how bad other salesmen treat some of the other STI buyers.

IMO the exterior looks badass. The interior is not as bad as others seem to make it. Actually, except for the blue cloth on the seats and sides, it's a great looking interior. The interior felt a little more cramped from my point of view but I think it's because I'm 5'8" and I had to pull my seat up closer to the steering wheel to have a comfortable reach to the clutch. The interior may not be as good as the GTI (close) but who cares when you have AWD and 300hp. The engine/exhaust sounded awesome. I have a DSG and getting to row through the gears again felt great. The bumpiness of the suspension felt similar to my GTI which has H&R race/koni yellows. All in all, I thought it was a great car and may soon be a very cool addition to my garage.

PS
I will still have my GTI but my wife will be driving it. :)

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
First of all, props to Mcree Subaru and my salesman Barry Waxman for letting me test drive the STI by myself. That was unbelievable after hearing stories of how bad other salesmen treat some of the other STI buyers.

IMO the exterior looks badass. The interior is not as bad as others seem to make it. Actually, except for the blue cloth on the seats and sides, it's a great looking interior. The interior felt a little more cramped from my point of view but I think it's because I'm 5'8" and I had to pull my seat up closer to the steering wheel to have a comfortable reach to the clutch. The interior may not be as good as the GTI (close) but who cares when you have AWD and 300hp. The engine/exhaust sounded awesome. I have a DSG and getting to row through the gears again felt great. The bumpiness of the suspension felt similar to my GTI which has H&R race/koni yellows. All in all, I thought it was a great car and may soon be a very cool addition to my garage.

PS
I will still have my GTI but my wife will be driving it. :)

that's the way to go :thumbsup:

i'm trying to convince my g/f...future fiance to take my GTI after we graduate instead of buying an outback, so that way i can go ahead and buy other other love, a B5 S4 :wub: then it's the best of both worlds...when the GTI is no longer daily driveable...it becomes my project car :)

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
STI = fast tin can.....

:thumbdown:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I'm waiting to drive the hot hatch WRX and give it my own opinion regardless of what others think. :thumbsup:

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
I would have the STI in a heartbeat. And I would take the STI over an EVO becuase I prefer to use my car as a daily driver rather than a track car.

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
i want an sti and gti. both ti so want and s and g. lol. so when u thinking of getting it if ur thinking about it

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
just read ur other thread. hahaha. congratzzzzzzzzzzz lucky!!!

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
GTI = slow bank vault?
hmmm...

My GTI - $25k

STI - $35k + (more like around $39k)

GTI is slower, I will admit, but much more comfortable, its GERMAN, and is not a "vault as you say.....

try again.