GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

06 TR GTI first detail, DANG ! (first detail)

CV_Soccer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV
I have had a PC7424 that wanted to play but due to tax season, family priorities, and a week stay at our local hospital I have waited 6 weeks for my spring cleaning. I have a 06 Tornado Red MkV GTI that sits outside 7/24/365 which I pamper with weekly washing with a QD rubdown, and bi-monthly waxing with NXT. I get lots of comments from my kids, the neighbors, and from my co-workers but they just do not understand.

Spring has been here for sometime and it is long overdue to teardown and rebuild my GTI’s shine. My plan was

1)Wash
2)Clay
3)Polish with #80
4)Apply Speed glaze #7
5)Apply 2 coats of #26
6)Apply 2 coats of NXT (1 this weekend, and #2 next weekend)

Here is my GTI just after it bath

After it was dried off

And some slob taking pictures.

Now what you are not seeing is the swirl all over my GTI, not major but enough where I can notice it.

Now here we go after applying #80

Now after applying #7

After 2 coats of # 26

After one coat of NXT

After I dress out the tires, clean the glass, and the trim I will post a few more pictures.

Did I get rid of as much swirl as I wanted, no but I am very pleased with the deeper richer red. This was my first time using my PC7424 and I could not be more pleased with what Meguiar’s was able to bring out in my GTI. :thumbup:

CV_Soccer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV
maybe its your camera or something but that GTI looks orange.
It's the camera. All that I have is a simple point and click, and the sun was very bright today.

latenite

Conan O'Brien
i dont know if you know this already, but applying nxt over the 26 actually takes off the 26 as the nxt has some light fillers and correction. nxt is also a synth wax whearas 26 is a natural carnauba. adding the 2 coats of 26 before the nxt is good to make sure you didnt miss any spots but your process with 7+26+26+nxt is pretty redundant as they dont layer well. next time i think you would be ok with just a 7+26 or 7+nxt. other than that, the gti looks fab! to get rid of the remaining swirls you need a more abrasive polish.

CV_Soccer

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV
Thanks!

I am hearing that I should have put NXT down first, and then the two coats of #26. I'll give that a try when I do my wife's car.

Thank all for the feedback! :headbang:

Wiely

Banned
I wasnt even going to post, cause what I have to say is negative, but I want to be constructive too... that was a huge waste of time, but atleast you got a tan and an arm work out:biggrin:

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
Agree with the poster above me, using #26 and NXT is a waste of time. Wash, clay, seal/glaze, and wax. You use #7 I see to seal, I used #9 on mine because it was so new when I did it. If you want a deep "thick" look, use the #26. If you want a shinier synthetic "mirror" look, use the NXT. If you want to make sure it's protected real well, use a second coat of the whichever you choose (#26 or NXT) after the next time you wash the car. This should do you good for 3 - 4 months when you might want to wax again. About every 6 - 8 months I usually do the 3 step all over.