GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buyer's option question

Faster2.0

Go Kart Champion
Here's a question I forgot to ask the dealer when I bought the car. Does anyone know if you can sell or trade the car if you bought it on a buyer's option. Not like I'm thinking about selling it or anything just want to know for future reference.

whiterabbit

Touring Car Champion
Driver's Option.

Lower monthly payments (on average)
No security deposit
No acquisition fee
Three end-of-term options

Can't decide whether to buy or lease? Then don't. Enjoy the best of both worlds with Driver's Option† from Volkswagen Credit.

Driver's Option (available in most states†) is based on a financing contract.* You choose a term, anywhere from 12 to 48 months, and pay a monthly payment throughout the term. At the end of the term you have three options:
Option one: Pay off the final lump payment (called a balloon payment), and the Volkswagen is yours.
Option two: Refinance the balance that's due.
Option three: Turn the car in to the dealership and you're done. (Some end-of-term charges may apply.)** Visit the Owners section to learn about our Wear and Use Policy.
What are the advantages? First, your monthly payment is lower than it would be with a regular loan. Second, you don't have to decide up front whether you want to keep your Volkswagen or not. There's no security deposit or acquisition fee required, either. Best of all, you'll have the reassurance of knowing that your options are wide open.

If this sounds like your kind of plan, your dealer's Volkswagen Credit consultant will be happy to talk you through the details.

Subject to credit approval.
There may be additional fees based on excess mileage, wear and damages.

Ask your Volkswagen dealer if Driver's Option is available in your state.

Faster2.0

Go Kart Champion
I think you answered the wrong question. I know what the buyer's option is as that's how I got the car, I want to know if you are locked into it until it is up or can you sell or trade if you want.