GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rally Racing in America??.....

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
I have a huge interest in getting into rally racing, but don't know anyone who does it. I live in Colorado, so the Pikes Peak Hill Climb is the only rally-related event that i know about near to me. If i won the lottery today, i would move to europe, by a car, spend thousands to get it to RS spec, and then race for the rest of my life. Problem is I probably won't win the lotto any time soon, so I need to take a more conventional route. Any suggestions???

davesee

FIA GT Champion
as good as i am in various rally racing console games, i dont know if id ever want to attempt driving my own car in a rally. If you do find some type of group of events id be interested in spectating :thumbup:

I was unable to go to the wrc event in mexico a little while back.. :cry:

get into SCCA club rally
you can basically use a stock car, and dont have to rally in the forrest
im sure they have a website,

SCCA also has pro rally, so you can work your way up.
i know of a few people rallying golf a2s,
the wrx has overrun rally recenty, as it is reasonably cheep and easy to get parts for.

suggestion, get some underbody protection before getting too crazy.

a great start up rallye car IMO is a mazda 323 gtx (turbo awd)
you can get one set up for rally for 5000$

here is one for sale (not sure how current it is)
http://images.google.de/imgres?imgu...=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:de:official_s&sa=G

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
Thanks a ton fanatic; I definitely wouldn't use a daily driver for rally. I was also looking at an older subaru impreza 2.5rs (mid-late 90s). Thanks again for the info, and good luck on getting a GTi soon!