GOLFMKV

Honda Civic SI Sedan, Mugen

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
http://automobiles.honda.com/future-cars/index.asp?ModelStart=civic+si+mugen

"What's special about it?
The Honda Civic Si sedan is the first four-door to wear the "Si" badge, and now it will also become the first Honda in the U.S. to wear the Mugen name.

A well-known Japanese tuning company started by the son of Honda founder Soichiro Honda, Mugen has been associated with high-performance Hondas for more than three decades. In the case of the Honda Civic Si sedan, Mugen tightened up what is already the best-handling stock Civic we've ever driven. They started by lowering the car just over half an inch and increasing the front and rear damping rates. Then lightweight 18-inch forged aluminum wheels were swapped in to shave 6.2 pounds off at each corner, while the 215/40 tires offer a slightly smaller profile.

The rest of this Si's changes are mostly cosmetic, as it adds a full body kit and a relatively discrete badge on the grille. A sport exhaust system is said to reduce backpressure and is good for all of 2 or 3 horsepower. Given that the stock Si's 2.0-liter four-cylinder puts out 197 horsepower, go ahead and call it an even 200 in the Mugen. No other mechanical changes were made and the interior changes are equally miniscule. You get a round shift knob and a serial number plate in the instrument panel; that's it. "
- http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/AutoshowArticles/articleId=117392

What do you guys think?

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I like the sedan a LOT better than the coupe. That rear bumper is nice. Not feelin' the front lip though. Wonder what the damage will be.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
like the rest of the 8th gen civics::barf:

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
they took off 6 lbs with each of the rims and added another 10 with the spioler... i didnt like the regular sedan si and i am not gonna like this one since they decided to throw a mugen badge on there to hype up the car

HACBassoon

Go Kart Champion
Looks like a lot of extra money for nothing. Eh.... I like the coupe, I'm not going to lie, but the sedan... not so much. The GTI pulls off 4 doors much more gracefully, IMO