GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Head unit re-flashed: "soft clipping" removed

bamafanjtm

Battle Royale Champ
Hi everyone!!
Had an appointment at my friendly VW dealer today! They flashed the computer for the radio and it completely removed the soft clipping that causes the radio volume to go down on its own. Now the radio works fine and it sounds even better. To have this done, I went through the VW.com website and then clicked on the "owners" icon, then "customer care" icon, then just followed the directions. You will need your VIN # though. Someone from VW of America called me within 2 days and then about a week later I had an appointment scheduled. It was a fairly easy process!!

Peace and God bless!!:burnrubber:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I wonder if this is available in Australia...

Our VW website sucks... It's got nothing like the owners section of the NA site..

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
i dont get what the problem you are talking about is?

we dont get that on ours the sound getting softer?

please explain it?

SSS_Hoon

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
SSS_Hoon said:
i dont get what the problem you are talking about is?

we dont get that on ours the sound getting softer?

please explain it?

SSS_Hoon

I am sure yours does not do the soft fuc.... cliping, you should now by now, maybe yours is now erase or disable from factory

Cheers

Ricardo

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
does the dvd nav do this or will I have get this done for it too'?

coolme187

Touring Car Champion
awesome, ill have to get this done soon

d.C

DJ
this is not available in canada ... i went to the deal and explained and they said they don't have the equipment to do it yet ... i told them ppl in the states got it done then he said the states usually gets stuff faster than us