GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ipod Questions

rpg11288

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 GTI BMP DSG
ok this has probably been answered before but there are about 100 ipod threads and i dont feel like looking through them all.

ok this is what i want. i am going to get the non-navi head unit and want to hook up my ipod to it. i dont really care if i can see the song title on the screen, although it would be nice.

1. i want to be able to contol the ipod through the ipod so i (or other people)can choose a single song without scrolling through everything to find it.

2. I also want to be able to scroll through the headunit as well if i am on a long drive and have a specific playlist i want to listen to all the way through.

3. Lastly, i want to be able to control through the steering wheel controls as well. (Not manditory but still would be a nice touch)

i have read about the neo ion thing or whatever its called and that seems nice but i havent heard if it has everything i want. if there is a product out there that has all of that let me know. and if you have it let me know how it works. Thanks alot.

h82bslo

Autocross Newbie
i am currently using the factory ipod and have the same specifications that you are going to get (non navi). i think it works great but it will not have want you are looking for (scrolling through the ipod). before that, i got the neo ion which did not work whatsoever.