GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

At the races

BlackmagicMKV

Touring Car Champion
Here are some random pics of my car at the SCCA pro solo 2 races in Colorado on 4/16/06

BlackmagicMKV

Touring Car Champion
Well I came in last, but it was my first time, plus I was racing against guys in my class that had some mods and race tires, I was all stock.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
I'd like to get started in events like that, but I'm afraid I'd enjoy it too much get hooked and really be causing some wear on my nice new baby.

Anyhow, as long as you had fun..?

BlackmagicMKV

Touring Car Champion
I have had the car for 3 weeks, I had to get out and race it.... when i get it paid off in 5 years I will set it up as a pure track car and I will go buy whatever new GTI that will be out then

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
You'll need more Negative camber to be more competitive and some sticky Autocross compound tires too. Lotsa fun... I did it for many years in Calif.

BlackmagicMKV

Touring Car Champion
yeah I want to fix it up more for autocross but right now I have to figure out how to pay it off.... but I'm waiting for neuspeed to come out with more parts and I want to get different wheels for everyday driving like the wheels that came on the mk4 golf R32 and use the wheels on the car for my race wheels and I also want to get some kumho ecstas like what my stepdad runs on his rx-8, becuase he has had really good results with them..... hard to do stuff when your only 18 and getting ready to graduate and move to Arizona for school

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
You might want to get rid of the runon sentences before you graduate and go to college. Just messing with you. As for autocross racing...the suspension/handling setup is more important than engine mods in my opinion.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
correct, i would definetely suggest super sticky tires, a sway bar, and possibly suspension mod, more than engine mods.

loccusst said:
You might want to get rid of the runon sentences before you graduate and go to college. Just messing with you. As for autocross racing...the suspension/handling setup is more important than engine mods in my opinion.

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
BlackmagicMKV said:
yeah I want to fix it up more for autocross but right now I have to figure out how to pay it off.... but I'm waiting for neuspeed to come out with more parts and I want to get different wheels for everyday driving like the wheels that came on the mk4 golf R32 and use the wheels on the car for my race wheels and I also want to get some kumho ecstas like what my stepdad runs on his rx-8, becuase he has had really good results with them..... hard to do stuff when your only 18 and getting ready to graduate and move to Arizona for school

im from phoenix, and i HIGHLY recommend getting some good sticky falkens, they are pretty renound for their performance in the dessert, and we have a sweet road and autox course at Firebird race way and a strip there also, plus we got one up at PIR, Phoenix Internation Raceway (Speedway). good shit man, are you going to ASU or UOA or NAU?

edit: ALSO! lol- we got EVOMS, which is a really renound euro tuner shop, its damn nice and they do real quality work. i know there is a big discussion going on about their prototype intake here, but believe you me, its good shit. ive gone down there a few times when my friend owned his 98 GLX in highschool, i had my 91 crx back then.. lol honda's... /sigh hahahaha