GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Full Tank O Gas Cruise (SoCal)

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
I'm thinking of putting together a Full Day Cruise In San Diego and Riverside County. It involves meeting up in Hemet or Temecula then heading up to Idyllwild for lunch then going out the top to the ten and heading to Palmsprings. From there heading south to Pines To Palms and circling south West to Lake Henshaw and up the back side of Palomar To the telescope then down South grade road then back to the 15 and on your way back home.

Now Since i'm coming from south of Hemet/Temecula I plan on taking De Luz Road from Fallbrook to Temecula which adds about 20 or so miles. Anyone coming from The San Diego Area is more than welcome to join me doing that. I'v got some screen caps of what looks to be some of the highlights of trip along with a prelim route. If anyone knows of any cool spots along the way please by all means point it out!!

So what do you guys think? It will be about 300 miles depending on where your coming from. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Idyllwild.jpg
    Idyllwild.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 833
  • 10east.jpg
    10east.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 861
  • PinesToPalms.jpg
    PinesToPalms.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 896
  • E_Grade.jpg
    E_Grade.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 1,423
  • S_Grade.jpg
    S_Grade.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,399
  • Full_Tank.jpg
    Full_Tank.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 829

reddvdub

VF Engineered R32
Car(s)
08' TR .:R32
Wow...:eek: !! That's a trip if I've ever seen one.
I'm def. down for this, I bet if you post this up on Socaleuro.com you'll get a bunch of plp that want to go. I went with some guys from there on a Julian run and they love this stuff...

Let me know if you want me to post up over there for you...

I'll have new tires and a fresh alignment so you can count me in as long as it's on the weekend :thumbup:
Preston

Viking445

hahahaha Ya I don't like those pansy ass trips. If it doesn't take a good couple hours to get to lunch then your not doing it right!!!

Ya go ahead and post up a link on Socal Euro to see what kind of response we get. I'm fine with three cars or 20. But I'd love to the Parking Lot at Mamma's Dinner at the top of palomar full of European machines. And if someone shows up in an E30 M3!!:drool: :drool: :drool: :wub: :wub: :headbang:

Viking445

Oh dude if you know someone with a mint 91 M3 then my last ex g/f wasn't a phyco bible thumper and there is a god!!!:bow:

reddvdub

VF Engineered R32
Car(s)
just posted this up over there...

Looking for input on dates... I'm thinking some weekend in either April or May... don't want it to be too soon so we can get a good group going and time for plp to get time off from work

reddvdub

VF Engineered R32
Car(s)
so far the vote is:
2 Late April
0 May

Palomar: It lookslike people are pretty mean on the weekends to "joy riders" and the chp is in full effect from what my socaleuro guys are saying that take the palomar route... is there anyway to cut that portion out of the cruise?

Last edited:

reddvdub

VF Engineered R32
Car(s)
So I'm thinking late april or late may for this... What's everyone think...
These will be the dates and you can choose:
April 21st.
or
May 26th.