GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cat used my car as a scratching post.

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
wtf man!! I was coming home from work and noticed that i had some hair cat hair sticking to my passenger side door and front quarter panel. No biggy I just wiped it off. Then i noticed a thin white line on the door.....then another and another!:eyebulge:

Some fucking cat either tried to climb my car and failed or was marking there spot with there claws on my paint!!! :mad: :mad:

They aren't deep at all so do you think they would come out with a polishing compound?

sonomamkvdsg

7 time F1 Champ
Car(s)
2006 MKV DSG TR
Maybe with compaound but if you haven't used it before might not be a bad idea to pay a professional.

kcholak

New but learning.
Car(s)
Mk5 1.6FSI
re: scratches

my mums got a stupid cat who always leaves 9 inch long scratches where he tries to grip the hood whilst climbing on or off.
in the uk theres a product called t-cut, (its love it or hate it thing like marmite) i think it works alright but you have to be so carefull because they work by thinning the paint around the scratch very slightly (to match the thickness). what ever you do dont use a VW paint kit, i had stone chips so got hold of the 'official tornado red' touch up kit from my dealership and they're just useless.
If you cant find some t-cut or you dont want to risk it, ask a paintshop.
kerem

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
You may be able to use Meguiar's Scratch X to help. But if you don't feel comfortable using it for the risk of making it worse, then I'd bring it to a professional.

Lucidity

Marx
Step 1 purchase a trash bag.
Step 2 Find the cat
Step 3 kill the cat
Step 4 Place cat in bag
Step 5 bury the bag

O btw did I mention I hate cats?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Why? They're not that bad. Don't let someone find you doing that, that is a big no no. I'm sure you were being sarcastic...I hope.:iono:

Lucidity

Marx
I'm allegic to them, on top of that a stray with some sort of virus gave my old dog an infection when it attacked her in our yard. We had to have her nose operate on because it got all infected where the cat scratched it. On top of this they are pointless, they offer no real companionship, and the majority lack the instinct to survive outdoors. If only that thing about masturbating and killing cats was true......

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I'm allegic to them, on top of that a stray with some sort of virus gave my old dog an infection when it attacked her in our yard. We had to have her nose operate on because it got all infected where the cat scratched it. On top of this they are pointless, they offer no real companionship, and the majority lack the instinct to survive outdoors. If only that thing about masturbating and killing cats was true......

Sorry to hear. I actually have a near 20 pound cat that almost thinks that he is a dog. He walks with us in the summer, always wants to be pet and rubbed down, and I love pissing him off by rubbing his belly and grabbing his tail. He is a cool cat. He is an outdoor cat in the spring, summer, and fall and would be in the winter as well. But it's far too cold and miserable for him in the winter. He even lays under my car: :wink:

bcze1

You people make me laugh
On top of this they are pointless, they offer no real companionship, and the majority lack the instinct to survive outdoors. If only that thing about masturbating and killing cats was true......

Whilst I don't completely disagree, most if not all cats have much better survival instincts than dogs. If you put a domesticated cat and domesticated dog on the street, the cat will adapt. They are incredible hunters. The dog will starve. I LOVE dogs, but their level of companionship has left them nearly 100% dependant on humans for food and thus survival.

Jax$MkV

GolfMKV Veteran
Car(s)
2007 5dr BMP GTI DSG
Scratch-X doesn't work for crap, at least not for me. :cry: I had some minor scratches too here and there, from my dog.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Actually, there's Nu Finish Scratch Doctor too. Supposedly this works a little better than the Scratch X, but who knows.