GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgrades

gti oz

MotoGP tragic
Has anyone in Oz out there done any real mods?
Like chip, exhaust, bigger wheels etc.

If so, what sort of results have you acheived, how about some pics?

I'm still waiting on my GTi, counting down to June

:burnrubber:

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
well recently we were at a dyno day there was 3 mkc gti there 2 manual and our dsg, our stock dsg made 126.6fwkw the stock manual made 127fwkw and the other manual had a apr chip in it and only got 133fwkw but a killer mid range.

SSS_Hoon

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
what is the aprox price for an apr chip.............my local shop EUROPEAN AUTO TECH is going to charge me $1850 cash when i get the car in 8 months is that a good price or a bad one tanx

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
there are others out there look at giac, revo i think that is the 3 taht are available out here.

as for torque gains in the aprd there wasnt that much low and top but mid was killer it would be nice to drive even though it only ahd a few more kw in the top end the mid range is where tis all at that is for sure.

check this page out it has a few vids from the dyno day of which i speak of, our car isnt on there although there is a few gti there.

SSS_Hoon

damo

Oval Newbie
Dyno numbers

gday guys,
just doing some math in my head if the std cars are turning 125kw+ and the APR chipped cars are doing mid 130's that doesn't seem to add up to the 188kw they are claiming its more like 160kw. Now i know the mid range Nm's is Quality and would be a great drive but shouldn't the chipped cars kw's be in the 140's ranges to equal their claims ? Has anybody's car turned 140kw+ on the same dyno ?

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
I agree damo, ive been sceptical of the claimed 188kw that APR make but then again Ive only ever seen 1 dyno sheet of an APR chipped car. I definitely won't jump into anything until a few more people get their GTIs chipped so that I can compare the difference in performance between brands

SSS_Hoon

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
Nissan Pulsar SSS
the states claim weird numbers they are claiming 147kw at the wheels stock so that is how they get tehre 188 figure i would assume.

at this dyno day there was also a giac chipped car there with the rear muffler removed and as traight pipe put on apparently there was no other mods done to it and it made 152kw i think well it was 150 something, it was a manual and they said that that chip should be available soonish.

to me giac seems the way too go, as apr can be detected from the dealer where giac cannot(well it can but not as easy as APR)

sublyme i read your post first and seen that you wrote agree damo i was like how the hell do you know my name, then i read dam's post above yours and all was good again. :lol:

SSS_Hoon

damo

Oval Newbie
Guys have we heard anything about other companys moding GTi's:iono: Anything from Unichip or someone, i dont think these flashes are for me unless something has changed in the meantime ?

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I'd stay away from anyone like Unichip or Powah!!!-chip. I'm a firm believer that you can't be a jack of all trades in the tuning business... Leave Unichip piggybacks for XR6 Turbos and WRX's. Stick with APR, GIAC, ABT, MTM, Oettinger and other well known European tuners.

ab156

Go Kart Champion
Had the APR treatment on my DSG. No dyno charts but the change is noticable, very.

Guess all I can say is that I would spend the money again.

You can probably get it for a little less than the $1850 :thumbsup:

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
what is the 0-100 time for a chip like APR or GIAC for a 6spd man

damo

Oval Newbie
Thanks guys, if any of us hear something new post it up on this tread. Thanks