GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Help with factory radio!

caibanez

COLOMBIA
Car(s)
VW GTI MKV
hi guys new to the forum, i got the mkv gti base model tornado red, i own a JL audio amp and a pair of focal polyglass components and a 10 inch JL audio sub from my old gti. here its my question, its there any chance that i can hook up that amp to the factory radio, its any adaptor that i can buy? please i dont wanna change my factory radio, thanks for any help! see ya!

caibanez

COLOMBIA
Car(s)
VW GTI MKV
Need help with factory radio

I will need to amplify only one pair of components and the sub

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
you can either use line-out converters (LOC) so that you can run RCA cables for the speaker channels or alternatively you can purchase a signal processor designed for retaining the OEM units. There are a few companies that make these such as:

JL Audio - Cleansweep
Rockford Fosgate - 3Sixty
Alpine - Vehicle Hub

I am thinking of getting a Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty on mine which just came out this month (April) in the US i think but it will only be arriving in Australia in May.

I've heard good things about the JL Audio Cleansweep however from what I've heard you will not be able to adjust the volume from the headunit/steering wheel controls as it will mess up the settings. You need to leave the volume at a certain setting on the OEM unit and then control it via a separate volume control which is part of the Cleansweep unit itself. Not sure whether this is the case for the other products Ive mentioned but thats one thing to keep in mind.