GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rabbit forum

Anterrabae

Banned
not broken down into exterior/performance/whatever, just one overall MKV Rabbit everything forum

seriously, there needs to be a place where these goddamned noobs can get educated because they seem to not be able to find the search button or fucking ANYTHING:mad:

peterrabbit

ima eat yo family
so what am i supposed to do here? are we going to answer all noob questions? actually i wouldn't mind knowing more about forced air intake for the rabbits. who's the expert on that?

Anterrabae

Banned
so what am i supposed to do here? are we going to answer all noob questions? actually i wouldn't mind knowing more about forced air intake for the rabbits. who's the expert on that?

when you say forced air, are you just talking about CAI or actual forced induction?

peterrabbit

ima eat yo family
see... i'm so clueless i can't even answer your question. alright... i'm going to hit the search button and do some wikipediaing before i start asking about this again. :D eeeeks

Anterrabae

Banned
nah, dont worry about it.

If you are talking about the CAI for the 2.5, which is what you would do if you were staying N/A, is very beneficial to our motors. The advertising for the rabbit says that the car has cold air intake standard due to the inlet in the grill, but what it doesnt tell you is that the piping takes it across the engine, curves around on the right side, runs down the right side of the motor to the throttle body. CAIs are showing gains of 175hp and 201tq (dunno if that is to the wheels or flywheel, but my guess is to the flywheel) because it cuts out all that unnecessary piping by taking the air from the "wheel well" (the filter element is visable in the US driver's side lower grill)

peterrabbit

ima eat yo family
nice. i'm just learning about exhausts now. i think once i'm settled, i'll look into the cai with a catback. sweet.

Anterrabae

Banned
get the GHL exhaust from NA motorsports, you will not regret it.

plus, in the their thread in the vendors section they have sound clips

peterrabbit

ima eat yo family
get the GHL exhaust from NA motorsports, you will not regret it.

plus, in the their thread in the vendors section they have sound clips

dude! i've been listening to that clip for 3 days straight. i can't get enough of it!

fucking sweet. i just need to find a u.s. address... 'cause it'll cost me like an extra $300 to have it delivered to canada.

Anterrabae

Banned
dude! i've been listening to that clip for 3 days straight. i can't get enough of it!

fucking sweet. i just need to find a u.s. address... 'cause it'll cost me like an extra $300 to have it delivered to canada.

i would just suck it up and get it, but yeah, 300bucks is 300 bucks

what did you have in mind for suspension?

peterrabbit

ima eat yo family
i have h&r sport. sitting in my room. still waiting for some time so i can install them. i have no idea what to do with struts. my vw mechanic said not to worry... but sometimes, those guys are nooooobs.

Anterrabae

Banned
true. I have the H&R cup kit on and it handles great. For dampeners you might want to go with Koni FSD or the like

peterrabbit

ima eat yo family
i need to find a local source that doesn't charge me an arm and a leg. customs fees and taxes are killing me. i should have bought the cup kit to begin with. i hate impulse buys.

i don't think i've ever seen your car. is it a secret?

Anterrabae

Banned
haha, my suspension was def. an impulse buy as the H&R kit was like my 3rd option..

no, my car has been posted, its no secret, lemme see if i can find one