GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question

Ara_Gti06

Black Magic Woman
Car(s)
2006 GtI
I had a sub and amp put into my car last weekend and when i left the stereo shop i noticed a loss of power (performance). My bf thinks i am crazy, but i know damn well something is wrong. I have an appointment with VW tomorrow but want to see wtf they did under my hood. I dont know if its from them disconnecting my battery or running the cables and unplugging something. All i need to do is meet up wtih another 2006-07 gti owner and check their engine bay. If anyone can meet up with me tonight after i get out of work please let me know.

I am located in Covina area and can meet after work ( around 6:45ish)

Please PM me if you can

Thanks ^^

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
I had a sub and amp put into my car last weekend and when i left the stereo shop i noticed a loss of power (performance). My bf thinks i am crazy, but i know damn well something is wrong. I have an appointment with VW tomorrow but want to see wtf they did under my hood. I dont know if its from them disconnecting my battery or running the cables and unplugging something. All i need to do is meet up wtih another 2006-07 gti owner and check their engine bay. If anyone can meet up with me tonight after i get out of work please let me know.

I am located in Covina area and can meet after work ( around 6:45ish)

Please PM me if you can

Thanks ^^

do you have anything performance wise done to your car??? and how big is the system you had put in?

Ara_Gti06

Black Magic Woman
Car(s)
2006 GtI
performance wise not yet..... car stereo wise i have a 12 and a amp in the trunk but that is not what i feel is wrong with the car. Its like i am losing power somewhere. Would come on Sunday but have school meetings that last forever ><. Going to meet up with a friend tonight who has a 06 gti and see what gives. If i can fix it w/o VW i prefer it that way.

Ara_Gti06

Black Magic Woman
Car(s)
2006 GtI
Found out what it was, Stereo shop set off 4 codes in the main computer system which placed the car into a "self learn" state. Car power was almost cut in half becuase of reset. $100 dollars later... after a visit with Vw, car is back to normal. Going to have some fun with stereo shop when i get off of work.

SoCalComatose

Booyahkasha Respekt!
Car(s)
2004 R32
Glad you got it fixed, I figured it was in learning mode.

And welcome to the site! :thumbsup:

itisagoodname

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'08 G37S
The shop i got mine done at forgot to plug back in my passenger airbag warning light. You got by lucky with $100, they charged me $250 for labor and removing the dash. I forgive em though, they had a lot of work to do.

Ara_Gti06

Black Magic Woman
Car(s)
2006 GtI
The shop i got mine done at forgot to plug back in my passenger airbag warning light. You got by lucky with $100, they charged me $250 for labor and removing the dash. I forgive em though, they had a lot of work to do.

wow crazy.... just makes me wonder what else will piss this car off ? lol i want to get the chip install soon with cai and some other items... hopefully the car wont get pissed off again lol

Ara_Gti06

Black Magic Woman
Car(s)
2006 GtI
APR chip, i know some of the guys that work for APR in El Monte, we go way back from my old celica days. And looking at the Injen Cai. Had a Injen Cai on my celica and had no problems, so i trust them more then the others.