GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

suspension mod options in a leased gti?

DTMDoc

Ready to race!
I am considering getting a mkv gti (in fact I am gonna go on a test drive today after work) but probably as a leased car. I am a little upset however with the ride height of the US version as I am sure all US owners are. My one question is I may get a set of springs and shocks (but not a coilover set) to change it. Anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced set (which I would change back to the OE set at the end of the term)?

(ex. bilstein, h&r, or euro spec GTI?)

Thanks in advance.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
i usually recommend H&R products, they're great and not incredibly expensive, but go for the cup kit in my opinion for a cheaper fix with a good ride, or set of coils if you want to spend some serious money. However, I dont know if I typically recommend that, I mean if your gonna lease a car for so many years, it might be a waste of your time and money to modify it if you cant use them after you turn the vehicle in back to the dealership, and if you lease the same car or similar car again to use the springs/shocks again, it was cheaper for you to buy the car from the begining. I guess i just dont understand the mindset you have as far as financial issues go, however i have heard that if you modify a leased vehicle and something happens where you have to take it back into a dealership, it could start a lot of trouble if they see that it has been modified, since technically you never officially "own" it.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Have several friends that mod their leased vehicles... and when the lease is over they return the car back to stock (keep the old parts somewhere). PITA but it works.