GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First spy photos of facelifted GTI

JJ-R32

Administrator
Staff member
"These are the first images of what’s to become the facelift for the VW Golf and also the first sight of the all-new Golf GTD, the GTI’s oil-burning counterpart. We expect both cars to come to the dealers in summer this year, but our spies caught them out testing in northern Sweden and in Germany respectively. Modifications for the updated Golf are limited to the car’s front end where it is to mimic the grille of the Jetta – including bigger air-intakes, the polished chrome grille and two pairs of chrome bars left and right of the logo. The rear end seems to be left untouched but we expect fresher cloth and a slightly refined interior design to round the facelift.

It comes as no surprise that the GTD will get the petrol GTI’s outstanding grille, though newly interpreted as the GTD will be available in the facelifted version of the Golf right from the start. Power will come from the 2.0-litre four-cylinder TDI, though output will be increased from today’s 140 to 170 bhp."

99swift99

Go Kart Champion
Bigger pics.. I hear those dune buggy lights will be options on the next GTI :wink:

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 3,517
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 3,736

MarlonK911

Ready to race!
Please tell me they're only putting that chrome grill on the regular Golf. The current GTI black front with the red line is so much better looking :thumbup:

Brandon

Oval Newbie
The red car in the pics is a GTI...notice the chrome in the grill section under the headlights.

I'm praying my GTI is built before these changes take effect.

YenPxxx

Drag Racing Champion
VW plz keep the GTI like it looks now it's one of the best looking stock front ends on any car out there.. aggressive like the others say. :evil:

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
I see these Photos have made it into this weeks UK car audio magazine AUTOEXPRESS.

Herby

Autocross Newbie
Hopefully it only stays with the golf...because the GTI front end just looks so mean and I could never give up a mean look

GTI2007

I would keep my original GTI front and just replace the black part under the grill for the silver one of the Jetta. To my opinion that looks so much better on a black GTI than to have it completely black