Teutonic_Tamer

GreasedMonkey HoofHearted
Car(s)
07 Golf Mk5 GTI DSG

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
I wouldn't bother with Revo either personally, i'd get a custom map specific to your car. If you wanna get it done then give me a shout via PM and i'll hook you up.

Mines remaped using a custom map. As for consumption well if you can resist the temptation to nail it then you could see some gains.

Map graphs here:

Any questions gimme a shout.

Cheers

Nobber

Teutonic_Tamer

GreasedMonkey HoofHearted
Car(s)
07 Golf Mk5 GTI DSG
I wouldn't bother with Revo either personally,

Why, what is wrong with Revo?

i'd get a custom map specific to your car. If you wanna get it done then give me a shout via PM and i'll hook you up.

Mines remaped using a custom map. As for consumption well if you can resist the temptation to nail it then you could see some gains.

Any questions gimme a shout.

What do you offer that Revo or Oettinger don't offer?

evvo

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
Why, what is wrong with Revo?

What do you offer that Revo or Oettinger don't offer?

I personally don't offer anything but the guy that I use on my cars offers you a custom map, how you want it, not just a generic map developed on 1 car. Also before and after rolling road sessions which can also highlight other issues. He also knows his was around a mk5 specificly.

There is nothing wrong with Revo, infact I know one of the guys that works at Revo's head office from the Seat forum. I just wouldn't trust it on my car after issues that i've had with the trial.

Oh and if a Revo dealer takes his own private vehicles to be custom remapped by someone else, how much faith would you have in the product he is selling?! :iono:

:thumbsup:

Chungster

Do you know RevoKev then Nobber?

I know a lot of people who have had Revo and sings its praise. Ok they run a bit more boost than most other remaps but on reliability i've not heard too many problems with it.

Superchips..as mentioned previously lots of owners on ukmkivs have used them after a recent open day there. And don't forget they are main partners with VW in the VW Racing cup compo.

I'm intrigued as to what remap you have had Nobber.

Is it Custom Code or ChippedUK?

To be honest I didn't think there were any "custom map" operators in the VW scene like you get in Evo/Scooby scene where a mapper actually plugs his lappy into your car, you spend a couple of hours on the road going through real world situations (like full throtlle 3rd gear acceleration etc) and he adjusts the timing/ignition/boost/fuel tables within the program LIVE.

So does he do all this tweaking then?

My GT TDI

The Ass Master
I have a question... not sure if I'm having a blonde moment here, but here goes.

Does it matter if you hve a Diesel or not? Are some remaps suited for petrol and others for diesel.

I know that SuperChips and there Blue fin goes on a TDi and I know their prices. But can someone tell me what a good price would be to pay and the best place, if any for remapping a TDi?

Any help most welcome

dyauGTI

BlueGTI
Car(s)
GTI
thanks for the reply's but i'm going with the Revo remap. Guy at Sextons audio had his done and took me out for a spin and OMG:thumbup:

So hopefully next wednesday i'll be rolling with 275bhp if anything goes wrong i'm sure to ask them to put it back to normal.

Wasnt too sure about the custom remap, if anything happens to the revo one that may mess up my car then i'll go for the custom

dyauGTI

BlueGTI
Car(s)
GTI
btw nobber when you colour coded your side skirts did they require sanding down, and how much did u get it done for?? looks lush

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
btw nobber when you colour coded your side skirts did they require sanding down, and how much did u get it done for?? looks lush

I got them done by another guy I know who does the scracth removal and things for the company cars where I work. He's done serious bodywork for previous jobs so can do pretty much anything bodyworkwise.

I think he did the whole lot for £160. Not sure if he sanded them down, probably did tbh, atleast keyed it to get the primer to stick.

Cheers

Nobber

P.S. Good luck with Revo. I'm sure you'll love it. :headbang:

dyauGTI

BlueGTI
Car(s)
GTI
Got problem with the car after remap!!!!! Started to misfire, then really badly, bad smell of petrol all the time, exhaust popped loads. Revo dealer checked out that 4 cylinders were misfiring. Took it to VW, said there was a fuel leak, so now waiting for part and repaired. Car off road, too dangerous to drive.

speedlimit256k

Michael Schumacher
you should upgrade you spark plugs to colder ones before you get chipped.

Nobber

VAG Junkie
Car(s)
Leon R & Golf GTi
Got problem with the car after remap!!!!! Started to misfire, then really badly, bad smell of petrol all the time, exhaust popped loads. Revo dealer checked out that 4 cylinders were misfiring. Took it to VW, said there was a fuel leak, so now waiting for part and repaired. Car off road, too dangerous to drive.

Real sorry about your problems man that's not good to hear at all.

What are Revo doing about compensation?