GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Headrest LCD's??

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Anyone done headreast LCD's yet? I am not lookin' to get the "Pimp my Ride" look, just need to entertain my 2 year-old. A overhead unit, I think, will cut into my rear vision too much. Gonna have anthracite leather and probably stock HU and speakers for awhile (too much $$ into other mods already:biggrin: )

Thinking about putting the PS2/DVD player in the trunk.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
That and they have the hang down set up for no detrimental electrical problems from an install...just an option.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
They don't have LCDs built into the headrests from VW. Just the hang down ones. Installing headrest LCDs is not hard if you already do installation work. You have to take apart the seats a bit though....so I suggest not attempting it if you are unsure.

GTI2007

According to the Golf MKV OEM Accessories list you can purchase headrest LCD's from VW. I marked it with a red square around it.

Attachments

• accessories2.jpg
    accessories2.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 546

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
GTI2007 said:
According to the Golf MKV OEM Accessories list you can purchase headrest LCD's from VW. I marked it with a red square around it.

These are not headrest built-ins. These are the cheap ass (IMHO) bag type/attachment setups. For that kind of $$$ they should be built-ins. I've seen the pictures and I can assure all of you, that if you order this thinking it is gonna be a built-in setup, you are gonna be diappointed. Guess I will be heading to the place that did my MINI Cooper system:thumbsup:

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
azmcs is right...they are far from built in.