GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should I get an R32 or a GTI?

MCDGexx

Future Navy Corpsmen
Well I decided to wait until I get back from boot camp to get a GTI but I figure since by the time I get back i'll have 3k in the bank, plus it'll probably be a few months AFTER I get out until the R32 is available, i'll have near 6-7k for a down payment. My question is that is the V6 and AWD going to be worth the extra 6k over a pkg 2 dsg gti? And how is resale going to be compared to a GTI?

Edit: After doing the math the R32 comes out to just about 100 a month MORE than the GTI fully loaded. Think i'm going to go with the R32 if I can find one :D. Opinions are still wanted though

Felix

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MK 5
R32 is going to be a collectors item in the future, the GTI is not..

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
r32!!!!!! plus your in cali so you can take me for a spin :)

MCDGexx

Future Navy Corpsmen
question is to put the preorder in now or wait and just find one off the lot.....preorder now i'm guaranteed MSRP he said. Was he lying? Also if I preorder can I preference the Blue? And I dunno if August would be too soon to get it, wonder if I could get it in sept or oct, thats better so I have more for a down payment. August i'd have maybe....4k. Oct i'd have nearly 7k plus the 1k deposit.

How will insurance differ? I was quoted 200 a month for GTI...wonder what R32 will be.

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
to be honest if u wait your gonna wait and wait and kick yourself . these arent hondas their gonan be gone in a second and people willing to pay markups for these, there are dealers still selling gti's with mark ups it sucks paying msrp but if u wanna be 1 of the first you gotta pay to play!

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
I was among those hoping for an R36, so when the R32 was announced, I was disappointed. When the R36 finally makes it here, I'll consider trading in my GTI. Until then, no thanks.

MCDGexx

Future Navy Corpsmen
to be honest if u wait your gonna wait and wait and kick yourself . these arent hondas their gonan be gone in a second and people willing to pay markups for these, there are dealers still selling gti's with mark ups it sucks paying msrp but if u wanna be 1 of the first you gotta pay to play!

Yah i heard the old R32s went for as much as 40k thats a 8k markup almost :eyebulge: I'll probably put in a preorder after I sell my eclipse. :)

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
;) good luck! im suprised their still available i thought all orders were pretty much done

MCDGexx

Future Navy Corpsmen
I hope they're still available, the salesmen offered for me to put in an order when I was test driving a GTI about a week ago.

muskaroxs

Drag Racing Champion
subaru wrx sti, mitsubishi evo dominate that price bracket.
I would just get the GTI and a reflash and you will be even with a r32.

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
GTI + Stage III+ (gt28rs) and a quaife lsd...yeah i know u cant finance it in w/ the car but, u can be 1 of 5,000 w/ an r32...or one of...none? that are on this thread @ least w/ a 355hp monster on your hands...and pown the r32's u see on the street...my 2cents

MCDGexx

Future Navy Corpsmen
I don't want to mod either car. I'm looking for a daily driver that is quick reliable, and can get me up the the mountains or through the rain safely, which is why I like the R32. I don't want to mod the hell out of it, i'm going to be building a 1g DSM eventually for when I want to have a project car. But that will cost me 3000 for the car itself, and another 5 in mods and i'll have a car that is quicker than the evo, sti, and r32. I'm not looking for a car to mod right now.

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
just get a gti, and when a company that wants to make an affordable turbo sytem for the gti comes out, get that. it would walk the r32.

BUT, if the r36 makes its way over here eventually, you can bet, ill sell my gti for a dp on one.

i love the sound of the r32, its probably better than sex, ha

icculus

Oval Champion
Car(s)
M
I couldn't reason to spend that much on a Dub, I love our cars, but for that price your going into Audi territory. I know a lot of you would disagree, but considering its only the DSG option, regular seats, and those shitty rims......eh.