GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk4 r32 or mk5 r32

bennytdi

Passed Driver's Ed
is it more or do you kind of prefere the original r32 mk4 or does everyone prefer the mk5 version, i dont know hteres a number of reasons.................................... anyone agree disgree????:smile:

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
The AWD system on the MKV is light years ahead of the one on the IV. You even get to choose options on it where you are located. We only get 2d with DSG. :cry:

bennytdi

Passed Driver's Ed
i dont know its the principle of the mk IV for me that they turnd the normal golf and completely change it basically change the original style whereas the mkv has been built as another model, compared to mkIV which i dont may have been, a project.

i know people may disagree, just opening a discussion

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
MK5

the mk4 has got some ricey looks about it. not a honda civic tho.

bennytdi

Passed Driver's Ed
ricey looks i think he means like japanese styling or something. its just everything the mk4 has like completely different sport seats. the mk4 its almost like they got the original and injected it with steriods and the mk5 for me is like they have to make a equivalent. however i would still like both

binky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 Mazda MX-5
agreed... the new Haldex AWD is supposed to have the drivetrain loss of a 2WD setup... also the 3.2 is now FSI (I believe it wasn't on the mk4 but I may be wrong). I, too, wish the MKV had a 6spd manual option... but let's face it. From a pure performance standpoint, the DSG owns. The MKV chassis is also much better balanced. I think this car stock for stock will dominate more cars (SRT4, MSP3, etc.) that the original R32 couldn't.

bennytdi

Passed Driver's Ed
i have seemed to sparked a discussion.

the new r32 to me is like a fancier sportier version, its lost its aggression and bruteness if u will that the mk4.

GTITampa

Drag Racing Champion
:confused: :confused: :iono: :iono:

RSC17

R32 OG
i just dig the style of the mk4 a little more. i know it got horrible reviews on the track and all that, but it just looks like a freakin beast.

sonomamkvdsg

7 time F1 Champ
Car(s)
2006 MKV DSG TR
Give me nothing but DSG love. I would get the MKV R32 if I could get those sick Euro sport seats!