• Total voters

RobGtSport

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW R32
GolfMKV November Cruise Saturday 26th November 2011

Cruise Day to Berry | Saturday 26th November 2011

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

Ive been talking with Ben and we are gonna mix things up and change the route.

NEW Meet up Location
Pheasants Nest Petrol Station on the HUME HWY

New Meet Up Time
9:00am Sharp Departure

New Route
http://www.google.com/maps?saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=Avon+Dam+Rd+to:Jamberoo+Mountain+Rd+to:Jamberoo+Rd+to:Illawarra+Hwy%2FTongarra+Rd+to:Illawarra+Hwy+to:Nowra+Rd+to:princes+Hwy&hl=en&ll=-34.530403,151.01699&spn=0.944681,1.783905&sll=-34.773107,150.695806&sspn=0.007359,0.013937&geocode=FUHh9P0dMJD6CA%3BFTDU8_0dyJP6CA%3BFexA8P0dmWn6CA%3BFRoU7_0dTqv9CA%3BFYh68P0dWnv8CA%3BFbNB8P0dXWD6CA%3BFZcw7_0dlkv4CA%3BFQ9f7f0dOID7CA&vpsrc=6&t=w&mra=mi&mrsp=7&sz=17&z=10

Lunch:
Lunch will be at the Berry Hotel
http://www.berryhotel.com.au/

Parking:
We can park at the bowling club down the road and walk to the hotel.
http://www.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF...,0.022681&z=16

Requirements:
Roadworthy car in good order - tyres and brakes especially
Check oil & fluids BEFORE arrival - top up if required
FULL tank of petrol BEFORE arrival - the route used about 2/3 of a tank in the GTI with 9.xL/100Km on MFD. Don't expect to get 98RON easily anywhere down south.
Check Tyre pressure - GTIs with OEM wheels can usually run 36-37psi front, 35-36psi rear
Use the bathroom BEFORE we leave - there aren't too many opportunities to stop...

Recommended to bring:
Walkie-talkie aka CB/UHF radio (FULLY charged), preferrably with hands-free operation (not necessarily VOX). It is useful not only for chit chat, but warning others of road debris, finding people when they get lost and is useful during overtaking. Ideally 1W or more.
GPS (fully charged or with in-car charger) - "just in case".
"Sick bags" for passengers if any

"The Rules"

Minimum 2 sec gap for concertina effect. Please keep a sensible distance from the car in front - this varies depending on speed. Most cars don't stop on a dime doing 80+kph. Don't forget that the driver in front has just as much to lose as the driver behind! Conversely don't leave too long a gap (e.g. >5-10 seconds in twisty areas) - the car ahead does provide some clue as to what's coming up!
"Look ahead" to see what is coming up. This and the 2 second rule will save your ass when someone comes to a dead stop mid blind corner!
No crossing centre line at all. The oncoming lane is not to be used for wide entries to get a better apex!
Care with overtaking - use dedicated overtaking lanes where possible. Please ensure there is plenty of room for safety. Please exercise caution if the road surface happens to be loose. Please leave a decent gap to the car behind before merging back in. Be courteous! No one likes a gravel shower at 80+kph.
Be aware of your speed. It will be rare for cars to reach the limit in the twistier sections of the roads we are travelling. No one likes a speeding ticket...
Practice correct corner set up including braking & changing gears before corner - not during corner. Heavy braking mid corner is a recipe for hitting the wall, speaking of which...
Limit trail braking through the corner. Please wash off your speed before the corner NOT in it. This is especially important for the DOWNHILL tight turns/hairpins - you don't want to be ploughing into the next lane at full lock whacking into oncoming traffic because you carried too much speed.
Parking to be legal unless for photoshoot (for short duration).
Make sure your car is road worthy!!
It's strongly recommended you leave ESP on.
New GTG drivers - reread and follow all of the above. There are varying levels of experience within the group. Everyone wants to have a fun and safe day - so don't push your car too hard too early.
DON'T NECESSARILY FOLLOW WHAT THE CAR IN FRONT DOES BLINDLY. There may be many modified cars present, many which handle far better than stock cars in some circumstances. You might not know that the car up ahead is tricked up...

Attending:
RobGtSport
Benough
Funny
Triode12?
AP?
M4RK0
dainese
Camerooney

Last edited:

RobGtSport

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW R32
The route shown isn't the exact route but it gives you a understanding.
Berry Mountain Rd is definitely out of the cruise. :D

dainese

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2004 MkIV R32
in.
love this route.

berry mountain road is the worst. rally cars in the dakar rally have better roads.

Androo

lolwut... ??
I'd love to but unfortunately I've sold my car and my current ride is hardly worthy of a spirited drive as it might have a heart attack. Thanks anyway, enjoy guys!

mljchan

gti mkv fanatic
Car(s)
gti mk5
Count me in, if it's on Sunday.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Would have to be a Sunday for me.
Already have a full day thing at work on Sat (which took precedence over something else which i've also had to miss).

Sunday pleeze!

triode12

Go Kart Champion
I'd love to but unfortunately I've sold my car and my current ride is hardly worthy of a spirited drive as it might have a heart attack. Thanks anyway, enjoy guys!

I'm sure you'll manage to keep up. A Hyundai Getz gave Cam and I a hard time up to the pie shop at Robertson. We could not shake him off our tails no matter what we did. I am sure whatever you are driving now is better than a Getz.

iluvbrownale

White Lightning
My partners sister getting married on Friday and prob won't be back until sat night. Sundays are 1% that I am free as I like to work that day. But in principle it's a yes from me.

mdkmkv

again, if its a sunday, ill be there with bells on. Berry mountain not so bad haha. Just avoid the 3 foot deep pot holes and you'll be right ;)