GOLFMKV

is doing this illigal?

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
taking the front licence plate off

evvo

im not 100% but i think you do have to have a front plate mate because thats how they catch the Road Tax doggers by reading there plates.

Chris

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
its ironic that in the states a lot of us would love to have euro plates on the front of our cars. i'd have one on but i didnt have any holes drilled into my front bumper, so i thought about it and wanted to keep it clean. must say i do like living in a state that does not require a front plate...but that's only because US plates are extremely gay compared to euro plates

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
its ironic that in the states a lot of us would love to have euro plates on the front of our cars. i'd have one on but i didnt have any holes drilled into my front bumper, so i thought about it and wanted to keep it clean. must say i do like living in a state that does not require a front plate...but that's only because US plates are extremely gay compared to euro plates

VA does require a front plate. i got pulled for not having one

peterrabbit

ima eat yo family
here's the rule of thumb. if they give you two, then you need two. if they give you one, then you only need one. if they give you none... you get the picture.

My GT TDI

The Ass Master
MOT states that the reg plate needs to be visable and able to be read from 20 yards or something like that.

I asked my mate about it as I had had an accident and the number plate had fallen off. Had to drive around for 3 weeks with it sliding from one side to the other in the front window.

They do look better though without.

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
It looks better with the front plate off (especially on beauties like Porsches... mmmn 997) but it's the law to have it on, in that location. Even the font, size and the spacing between the letters is regulated by the government; I know there are many people running around with funky spacing/lettering/sizing but it's against the law.