GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most annoying part of the car to wash...

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
is definately the honeycomb grill, and front bumper, it NEVER dries...

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
holy crap, that must take forever

JonGrace959

My Fast is Alive
Car(s)
2007 Speed 3
most annoying part of it is getting washed in an auto wash and then when you try to dry most of it off. it freezes cause all the cold weather here. which sucks balls

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
or you can use DISTILLED water or Bottle water and it will dry without SPOTS. hehehehe....and really do you need to dry your grill???

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
most annoying part of it is getting washed in an auto wash and then when you try to dry most of it off. it freezes cause all the cold weather here. which sucks balls

ahh! dont ever use an auto wash! if you can't use your hose coz its too cold at least go to a do it yourself powerwash place, but don't put your car through one of those tunnels of hell

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
i use a blower or a hair drying to dry off the front grill, works lk a charm :)

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
The best thing would be to use one of the WASH BAYS, that are usually right next to those drive thru car washes. and when you go to rinse off, USE the SPOTLESS RINSE, which is just distilled/filtered water that doesn't carry all the minerals that leave spots, but be sure to REALLY SPEND TIME RINSING the CAR GOOD!!! I do this everytimg and just let the car dry on its own, and I NEVER GET WATER SPOTS.

JonGrace959

My Fast is Alive
Car(s)
2007 Speed 3
well, im a newb. mite as well ask. whats so bad about the auto carwashes. i pull it through myself and make sure theres no rim damage. it makes my car look good and only 5 dollars. basically the only option in below 0 temperatures

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
well, im a newb. mite as well ask. whats so bad about the auto carwashes. i pull it through myself and make sure theres no rim damage. it makes my car look good and only 5 dollars. basically the only option in below 0 temperatures

you risk denting, having your mirrors ripped off, the front grille could get fucked up nicely...

for 5 bucks you could go into a self service bay and use the power wash. yea youd freeze your arse off for a few minutes, but in my opinion its worth it to protect such a fine auto

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
^^well sometimes if you DON'T go with the TOUCHLESS washes, debris can get caught in the huge cloth/or whatever they are made of things, and acutally leave scratches all over your car.

If the drivethru is touchless, it should be ok...since it will only pressure wash your car and nothing touches the surface.

JonGrace959

My Fast is Alive
Car(s)
2007 Speed 3
the time it takes to pull it threw the wash.
and high pressure wash.
i could be toasty in my heated seats with the heat up all the way.
or have icicles hanging off every part of my body. and have it melt in the car.

when the weather gets better ill do pressure/hose wash.
but for now ill take the chance to go threw the tunnell of hell.

JonGrace959

My Fast is Alive
Car(s)
2007 Speed 3
^^well sometimes if you DON'T go with the TOUCHLESS washes, debris can get caught in the huge cloth/or whatever they are made of things, and acutally leave scratches all over your car.

If the drivethru is touchless, it should be ok...since it will only pressure wash your car and nothing touches the surface.

never thought of that.. no more carwashes for me

but god dam. its so cold outside. why !!!.