GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Surrounds for both front electric window buttons.

sonyhifi_2004

...---...
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Hey,
I'm in Canberra and I'm after the surrounds for the passenger and driver side electric window buttons as mine are scratched up from the previous owner.
Any help or direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

kov

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey,
I'm in Canberra and I'm after the surrounds for the passenger and driver side electric window buttons as mine are scratched up from the previous owner.
Any help or direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

i need some for my mk5 as well but have been told you cant buy on its own.. all part of the whole door trim..!

not sure if the mk4 is different, try some wreckers..

Last edited:

macad

apple pixel pusher
Nah, you can get the surrounds by themselves, ask your VW parts dept.

kov

Passed Driver's Ed
Nah, you can get the surrounds by themselves, ask your VW parts dept.

the rubber part? spoke to them and they reckon you cant il give aa different dealer a call ! thanks..

macad

apple pixel pusher
Well they're not rubber, soft coated plastic, I had mine replaced when I bought the car - from memory they had part numbers for just he surrounds (that fit on the armrest).

scotta_74

spot on mate thats the one..!

does our 5 door have dark grey /anthracite or Art Grey / Light Grey i wanna be sure before i order the dark grey one !

Sorry mate I can't help you there but I was wondering the same thing. Maybe call the dealer and enquire?

kov

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry mate I can't help you there but I was wondering the same thing. Maybe call the dealer and enquire?

il post on here which one is needed.. i have also emailed that seller as he didnt have any light grey ones for sale in his ebay shop..

kov

Passed Driver's Ed
il post on here which one is needed.. i have also emailed that seller as he didnt have any light grey ones for sale in his ebay shop..

spoke to volks melbourne part number needed is 1k4868050C75R and cost is $40 inc gst..

the guy on ebay is selling his for $22 and $11 shipping (aud) so not too much difference..

my car has the dark/grey antharcite trim so assume all oz mk5's are the same..

kov

Passed Driver's Ed
Well they're not rubber, soft coated plastic, I had mine replaced when I bought the car - from memory they had part numbers for just he surrounds (that fit on the armrest).

did you get them to install or do it your self?

not sure if the whole door trim needs to come off ? am a bit scared to yank on it too hard just in case i break something lol

Booba

Ready to race!
door trim does not need to be removed as this is the first part that needs to be removed when removing the door card. very simple to remove, just take your time and use some door trim tools or something plastic.

guide here, button removal from the trim is easy, just assemble in reverse.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2749615

macad

apple pixel pusher
Yep, dealer did mine but I have taken the right side one off since, follow Boobas advice, it's not too hard with the trim tools.

kov

Passed Driver's Ed
cheers fellas good to know how its done.. just gota get off my ass and order one !

macad

apple pixel pusher
If you have any marking on the window controls (the white showing thru) you can do it at the same time - I swapped my out tonight $129 1K4 959 857

Last edited: