GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My wipers sucked

MKV6SPD

Oval Champion
Hello_Once i went to buy my car I was all happy.Then the next day it rained.Oh nooooooo i couldnt see at all.The wipers missed all of about everything in front of my eyes.I went to vw service dept. and they handled it right on the spot.Changed them for free in less than 20 minutes.They where jammed packed with things to do but they helped me out asap.That was the customer service that Liked.So if your wipers suck bring it in and they should change them on the spot.I am so happy now. :headbang:

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
when I got my car they were weirding out as my blades have a red line on them, but the older gti's had a green one. seems it was no different other than newer.

DubtecV2

Touring Car Newbie
I think the car comes with temporary blades for transport and pre-sale. I had to drive to another dealership to pick up my GTI...it was raining the entire time and the wipers sucked horribly. Picked it up later that day after detail and they were great.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Sometimes there is also a protenctant on the windshield, some sort of compound that needs to be removed.

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
cars b4 they leave the for trans. are sprayed w/ a protectant that is only temp just to protect it a little it has to be removed if not it turns a yellow tint thus the pre-sale car wash, soemtimes dealers dont clean the windows lk they should and a little bit may be on the window which will make em suck...i would clay bar the windows to get rid of everything and make em clean as possible...and clean he blade w/ non-amonia cleaner...

Hokietuner

Rally Car Newbie
So I had washed my car three times in the past week, the first time I broke a tip of the right wiper by snagging it on a towel, the next wash I broke the other tip of the right wiper blade, and yesterday I broke the left tip of the wiper blade. I had enough and went to my dealer, the guys words were "made in china, WTF is this doing on your car." Apparently they were temporary blades that should've been changed when you get your car from the dealer, but they never changed mine, and when I mentioned that I had taken out my own spacers they made sure to do some extra ass kissing and asked if there is anything else I needed or that they could do for me. Some didn't PDI or PID that car correctly, and I'm sure they were going to get a mouthful because of it. Any who if your wipers have little slots in them and only cover bout half of your windshield I'd take it in and ask for new wipers.

Best pic of them I could get, those are the old ones that broke.

car

Autocross Champion
Yeah, it took me a little while to figure out that the red wipers weren't supposed to be there. If you happen to have these, they slide right off to reveal the actual wiper blade. Weird.
Surprisingly enough, the spacers were also still in my springs.

Driver_88

Passed Driver's Ed
yeah i broke mine off when i was trying to fix it it just stanped in the rain but i remmbered seeing wipers in my back trunk so i just sliped those on and they worl great idk if yous came with it but u can try and look