GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

service schedule

pipehose

ROCKET R32
just had my r32 serviced with 12900 miles on clock the service now says next service due 9400miles or 372days is this correct or what should is say i would have thought it was due again at 12000 miles

Mogg

Hey if I were you, I'd take it back to VW and ask them if they reset the computer once they serviced it!!!

TheMilko

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW Golf GT
I know with the longlife servicing setup of diesel engines (I know that yours is a V6 petrol) that a service must be done between 10,000 & 20,000 miles, but that can be dependent on things like daily vehilce useage and driving technique. So, maybe, if your driving you car on short runs and producing high revs between gear changes (in other words "hammering it" like anyone else would with a beast like that) then this may require a more frequent service. Look at the impreza & evo services, sometimes they need a service after every 4,000 to 5,000 miles.

Also 372 days is longer than 12 months.

Teutonic_Tamer

GreasedMonkey HoofHearted
Car(s)
07 Golf Mk5 GTI DSG
just had my r32 serviced with 12900 miles on clock the service now says next service due 9400miles or 372days is this correct or what should is say i would have thought it was due again at 12000 miles

The stealer forgot to rest the Service Interval Display. If you want to take it off the LongLife regime (highly recommended for high performance cars), you can reset it yourself to the time/distance method - as detailed in your owners handbook.

Teutonic_Tamer

Car(s)
07 Golf Mk5 GTI DSG
I know with the longlife servicing setup of diesel engines (I know that yours is a V6 petrol) that a service must be done between 10,000 & 20,000 miles,

Not quite! For petrols on LongLife, it is upto 24 months, or upto 20k miles, and for diesels, again upto 24 months, or upto 30k miles.

but that can be dependent on things like daily vehilce useage and driving technique.

True.

So, maybe, if your driving you car on short runs and producing high revs between gear changes (in other words "hammering it" like anyone else would with a beast like that) then this may require a more frequent service.

Yebut, the Service Interval Display would actually show a reduction in both the days and the mileage due, whereas the OP doesn't seem to show this.

Look at the impreza & evo services, sometimes they need a service after every 4,000 to 5,000 miles.

But that is completely irrelevent, as those ricers do not use the "flexible" or variable servicing intervals!

Also 372 days is longer than 12 months.

Which simply explains that the car was initially set up for LongLife servicing, but when the last service was carried out, the stealer forgot to re-programme the SID.

My GT TDI

The Ass Master
After reading all that it sounds like another visit to the dealer.

It shouldn't be to much of a problem for them to fiddle with.

pipehose

ROCKET R32
ive phoned the stealer and the next day im passing they will reset it for me

Teutonic_Tamer

Car(s)
07 Golf Mk5 GTI DSG
ive phoned the stealer and the next day im passing they will reset it for me

Well . . . . are you gonna keep it on LongLife, or switch it to the fixed interval time and distance servicing ???