GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf MKV to Current Ride

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
Ok, given the MK5 is now superseded and it seems most forum members have either upgraded to the MK6 or other brands (or are thinking of), please post them up.
Be interesting to see where people have gone.

2007 MKV Golf GTI
> 2010 Cayman S
> 2011 RenaultSport Clio 200 Cup Trophee

apmitchell74

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R36 Twin Turbo Golf
>3.6 Twin Turbo R32 MKV Golf
>3.6 Twin Turbo Scirocco R AWD
>2000 Lotus Elise with full Carbon Exige body, 2.2 20V 550hp

bwen

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
I feel so lame, I haven't upgraded from the MKV yet :( Still looking at cars to replace my 2 year old Pirelli. If only we got the RS3...

bwen

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
Why upgrade? I love my R32 to much i rebuilt it..:happyanim:

Anthony if I owned an R32 I probably would be looking at a turbo kit much like your previous setup, I would probably see how much I could do DIY but owning a GTI there's a limited amount of work I can do with it as it's a FF car. I was considering a MK4 R32 but they're pretty hard to come by for a decent one.

I have the Pirelli as a daily and a B16B Civic type R as my track car (not as awesome as your TT-R32 and elise :drool:) I was either a) thinking of working my Pirelli into a track car and buying another daily driver, something more luxurious i.e. RS3 but still keeping in the confines of a small hatch/roadster or b) keep the Pirelli and have a bucket load of cash to buy and work on a new(er) track car

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Anthony if I owned an R32 I probably would be looking at a turbo kit much like your previous setup, I would probably see how much I could do DIY but owning a GTI there's a limited amount of work I can do with it as it's a FF car. I was considering a MK4 R32 but they're pretty hard to come by for a decent one.

I have the Pirelli as a daily and a B16B Civic type R as my track car (not as awesome as your TT-R32 and elise :drool:) I was either a) thinking of working my Pirelli into a track car and buying another daily driver, something more luxurious i.e. RS3 but still keeping in the confines of a small hatch/roadster or b) keep the Pirelli and have a bucket load of cash to buy and work on a new(er) track car

What is wrong with the Civic? Is it not powerful enough?

I too am considering getting a track car but there isn't much out there that has both handling and power under $10K.

bwen

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
What is wrong with the Civic? Is it not powerful enough?

I too am considering getting a track car but there isn't much out there that has both handling and power under $10K.

I went overseas and the rego ran out, I want to get it road registered so I can drive the car to the track and back (without getting a car and trailer to tow it there). Seeing as the car is fully stripped and caged it's going to be hard to pass it through inspection.

The car has enough power I guess, I haven't dynoed it in ages but last time I did it was 130kw at the wheels from a 1.6L 4 cylinder NA. I have more aggressive toda cams at the moment so I'm hoping to see over 145kw at the wheels.

Under $10k is hard, only choice would have to be JDM. You have to run in the costs of maintenance; fluid changes, tyres, fuel etc

Capercat

It's a chuck-about

RS 172 track duties for around $10K.

Attachments

• march07017lz2.jpg
    march07017lz2.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 400

triode12

Go Kart Champion
I went overseas and the rego ran out, I want to get it road registered so I can drive the car to the track and back (without getting a car and trailer to tow it there). Seeing as the car is fully stripped and caged it's going to be hard to pass it through inspection.

The car has enough power I guess, I haven't dynoed it in ages but last time I did it was 130kw at the wheels from a 1.6L 4 cylinder NA. I have more aggressive toda cams at the moment so I'm hoping to see over 145kw at the wheels.

Under $10k is hard, only choice would have to be JDM. You have to run in the costs of maintenance; fluid changes, tyres, fuel etc

145kw would be mental for such a light car.

That is why I am also considering getting a go-kart. Cheaper to run and I can be as aggressive as I want w/o having to worry about panel damage.