GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hairline scratches in instrument lense...

A1an

Hellafunctional
First off let me just say that I'm a friggin idiot and I should have known better.....

In my detail supply closet I have a can of the best plastic cleaner/polisher on earth...Plexus. The last time I used it was to clean off my wife's headlights. The can has been sitting there with that same towel for months.

Anywho, I told the dealership not to detail the car so the instrument lense was pretty nasty looking. No problem, I think to myself, I'll just break out the Plexus. Well for some idiotic reason I thought it would be okay to reuse the microfiber that I had last used with the Plexus. At that time I completely forgot what I last used that towel for since I usually only used the stuff for cleaning the lense on my instrument clusters.

So I clean it off and everything looks great, but then I notice from an angle that I have a bunch of hairline swirls/scratches. It isn't noticeable unless the light hits it just right or if I look at it at different angles, however the car only has 600 miles and just knowing I did this really pisses me off.

So any ideas on how to easily polish out those swirls/scratches? I'm told that Plexus will actually do a decent job but before I go at it again (this time with a brand new microfiber) I wanted to get some feedback from fellow detailers. Appreciate the help.

Fivespeedg

Ready to race!
No replies?

Especially on the GTI, it has that blue reflective coating...I wouldn't use any abrasives. Just a light coat of wax to fill the swirls and it should look as good as new.

z.zetsumei

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'07 United Grey GTI
Yup...I had the same problem. Nothing Eagle One brand Nano Wax Spray couldn't fix.